How Do Tyranids Beat Iron Warriors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me and a friend were discussing the possibilities of an army we will face in an upcomming tournament. My friend told me of --------------- (who is renounded for doing what ever it takes to win), and that he was going to take an Iron warriors Army, completely decked with Lascannons + a kai gun. I checked with the chaos codex and I found if he did he could get 24 lascannons and a leitenent with a kai gun. Oh yeh this is a 1500 point army.

How victory may be produced for them out of the enemy's
    own tactics--that is what the multitude cannot comprehend.

-Sun Tzu

"Quantity has a Quality of it's own"

-Josef Stalin

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I forgot.

Don't tell me to swarm him as with 24 lascannons that is enough to easily take out any squad, so swarming isn't vert viable.

I hope no non-Tyranid players are reading as this may influence them to acually go out and re-create this army!!!!!

-Sun Tzu

-Josef Stalin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Sorry man you're a bit screwed. Just have as many warp blasts as you can (Ap3 comes in handy against marines) and as many carnifexes as you can field. Lictors and genestealers might help too.
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. Id say 3 Lictors, 3 biovores with acid mines and 3 zoanthropes. Then if 1500 pts do red terror and gaunts/warriors

Deep strike your rt in the same turn you pop your lictors out and bring your zoanthropes in fire arc. That way he will have 7 targets to shoot at - he cant kill them all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is one of the only case where i wouldn't use zoanthoropes against marines because they can be instakilled by a single good shot from one of 24 lascannons, same goes for warriors raveners and rippers. i think mass spinegaunt is the only way to go in this case. get hive node for every unit cause you aint gonna have that many synapse things. take 2 tyrants both with warpblast and tyrant gaurds i think, protection is needed. i'd recommed 3 bio-vores (with acid of course) and 2 carnifexes with venom cannons for cracking tanks hes got, i know he has a few, right? dont buy extended carapace cause you'll never get to take a 2+. buy more fast attack instead.

tactic - fly gaunts with spinefists 12 in up and fleet of foot, he will have to waste most of his lascannons on whatever is closest to him! just out of fear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would you suggest poison vs acid? Poison will wound more but it will bounce off the 3+ armor save. Id take the Lower S Bioacid for a S3 AP 3 hit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heres just some more info on what the army is

Leitenent w kaigun

6 units of 5 chaos spacemarines with a lascannon

4 units of 5 havoks with 4 lascannons each

As it turns out no-one actually took this army, but it was nice to know how to deal with one in the future. Thanks!

-Sun Tzu

-Josef Stalin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Morpheus01@Nov 20 2003, 14:27
    Yeah. Id say 3 Lictors, 3 biovores with acid mines and 3 zoanthropes. Then if 1500 pts do red terror and gaunts/warriors

Deep strike your rt in the same turn you pop your lictors out and bring your zoanthropes in fire arc. That way he will have 7 targets to shoot at - he cant kill them all.
    Ah, I'm pleased to see someone else has noticed that if you have an army that is exactly 1500 points you can still field the Red Terror (and technically Old One Eye as well, but that'd be just cheesy).

-=Count Jasper=-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol old one eye and the red terror. is a liitle bit of cheese...but people who take iron warriors are uber cheesy anyways so its ok in my book

fight fire with fire
    and cheese with cheese
    Army of the heavens, my army waits in hell
    To battle on the earth, for all the souls who fell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

My only problem versus Iron Warriors is Obliterators.
    Bat is good to deepsttrike a Red Terror together with Lictors and you have lot of chance to deeply confuse you enemy , also use some Gargs. Is very good units versus a squad of slows Obliterators with hit and run tactic.Also versus tanks.
    And dont forget to use your warriors as pure cc and leaping attack no wings , wings only to Tyrant.
    Something last , battles against IW is where Guards are made sense (for me) cause of the annoying raptors for your HS units.
    Winged Hive Tyrants they dont need Guards.
    MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast