Warboss + Power Klaw? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Warboss + Power Klaw?

Hey, all.

I'm thinking about getting into Orks (when I finally settle down and actually start to try and collect something ) and I've looked through the codex some and I was just wondering..

Would it be a viable option to throw that klaw onto your Warboss? Most people, it seems, prefer to go with Choppas of some sort, so as to not make waste of the Initiative ...

I don't know if I'm the only one who finds a S10 power attack very appealing..

What are your thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why take just the power klaw, I myself take a power klaw and a choppa which allows you the versitility to choose whichever is best for the situation at hand. If your fighting some high initiative cc psychos then use the choppa on the charge and take them out before they get the chance to strike, or if you need the high strength for going up against a dreadnought or the power to ignore save to keep that pesky necron lord down then go with the power klaw. I would just take both if it were up to me, and I do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by InquisitorMarcus
    Why take just the power klaw, I myself take a power klaw and a choppa which allows you the versitility to choose whichever is best for the situation at hand. If your fighting some high initiative cc psychos then use the choppa on the charge and take them out before they get the chance to strike, or if you need the high strength for going up against a dreadnought or the power to ignore save to keep that pesky necron lord down then go with the power klaw. I would just take both if it were up to me, and I do.
    Well, the reason I'm not going to end up doing that is because I'm a big fluff type of person; something appeals to me about a Warboss with one hand in a huge klaw, and the other holding a huge Rokkit Launcha. :wacko: Not the best of combo's, I admit, but still..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha, we all succumb to the need of Dakka Dakka... May I ask how this model is fitted into your army? Does he have a retinue, and what are they armed with and such?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Hahaha, we all succumb to the need of Dakka Dakka... May I ask how this model is fitted into your army? Does he have a retinue, and what are they armed with and such?
    I'm not quite sure, yet. The retinue seems to be a huge waste of points, so I'd most likely let him roam around on the battlefield; most probably, he'll join a large squad of Slugga Boyz or 'Ard Boyz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then in that case maybe he is better off taking the power klaw, as such he will not suffer that much from the low intiative if he has a large squad to take the brunt of the attack for him. Also the strength 10 power weapon can be of great use if a dreadnought or wraithlord decides to wander into combat with your boyz.

EDIT~ Also don't forget about the bionik arm as that allows you to get the extra attack with the power klaw while still retaining your rokkit launcha and gaining a I6 attack to boot.
    Last edited by InquisitorMarcus; November 29th, 2005 at 00:02.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Only problem that I see with it is the fact that, as an IC, he counts as his own unit in CC; making him relatively vulnerable against some enemies. Including that Dreadnought or Wraithlord, who could splatter him rather easily..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right forgot about that, yeah thats when the retinue comes in handy and he looses his IC status. Well the if you take klaws in your normal squads on your nobs then you probably won't need it on your warboss, and if your warboss did get in combat with anything nasty as you just pointed out the low initiative would be his downfall. So I guess in that usage it might be better to keep him cheap and give him the choppa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Right forgot about that, yeah thats when the retinue comes in handy and he looses his IC status. Well the if you take klaws in your normal squads on your nobs then you probably won't need it on your warboss, and if your warboss did get in combat with anything nasty as you just pointed out the low initiative would be his downfall. So I guess in that usage it might be better to keep him cheap and give him the choppa.
    Well, the retinue wouldn't actually help with that...

For shooting, yeah, it would, but when it comes to CC he always counts as his own unit.

IC's are actually quite vulnerable.

I may just end up throwing the power klaw on him anyways; if nothing else, it will make my enemy try to kill him, which is always fun to do. If need-be, I can always just attack with the Rokkit Launcha - that is, to say, I can just attack like normal. If a Guardsmen can attack in CC with a Lasgun, an Ork Warboss can attack with a Rokkit Launcha.

No choppa effect, but the choppa effect only gets really useful when against 2+ saves - the number of high strength attacks that the 'boss gets will make the enemy fail some 3+ saves, and in the right situation there will be enough models with the 'boss to help him out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait wait, it says that unless he is accompanied by a retinue then he counts as an IC... in such case he wouldn't be able to be picked out I thought?

I guess not many things would survive a rocket to the face anyways =P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast