Fixing Hellions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fixing Hellions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fixing Hellions

ok, we all know that while they look cool, hellions are just not worth their points. BUT they are a good idea, and should not be abandoned. therefore this thread is for posting how you think hellions sjhould be fixed.
    i think they should gain a flyby attack, where they swoop past the enemy, cutting into them with their bladed skyboards and then disappearing. this would work with a hellion unit may fly over an enemy unit in their movement phase. each hellion gets 2 rending attacks that hit on 5+ at strength equal to the total movement halved (rounding down) to a maximum of str. 5. so a hellion unit that moves 12" hits at str. 5, while one that moves 6" hits at str. 3.

I'm actually not in my sixties. For some obscure reason, my age is set 50 years older than what it actually is.
    Also known as Jianaran

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Sounds more complex that what GW might be willing to do. In any case, that effect sounds essentially like what they intended via the Hit & Run ability that Hellions gained in the codex update. The most that I expect would be a modification on the Hellglaive. Make it count as two close combat weapons, thereby making the unit more effective in close combat.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Ostsol
    Sounds more complex that what GW might be willing to do. In any case, that effect sounds essentially like what they intended via the Hit & Run ability that Hellions gained in the codex update. The most that I expect would be a modification on the Hellglaive. Make it count as two close combat weapons, thereby making the unit more effective in close combat.
    I agree. If the Kroot count as having two CC weapons because of the blades on both ends of their rifles and their skill in hand to hand (which I think is still no match to the skills of the DE fluffwise), then Hellions should get a bonus for having two hand to hand weapons as well.
    My 40K Armies:
    ----------------
    - Thousand Sons
    - Mordian Imperial Guard

- TAU
    - Dark Eldar

My Fantasy Armies:
    ---------------------
    - Lhamian Vampire Counts
    - Empire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neferata
    I agree. If the Kroot count as having two CC weapons because of the blades on both ends of their rifles and their skill in hand to hand (which I think is still no match to the skills of the DE fluffwise), then Hellions should get a bonus for having two hand to hand weapons as well.
    I like this rule, but don't forget it's not so much their skill in CC with the blades as they shape of thier four fingered hands and their muscular structure in their arms which allow them to be swung around with great forociety... not to mention the kroot get the same benefit when using splinter rifles... =P go figure...

I think that that rule might help to balance the hellions out a little bit...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

good point. I had forgotten that it was their unique musculature that gave them the bonus...it always kinda grinded my gears to see other races get benefits from fluff that we should have too...such as:

1. kroot rifles allowing kroot +1 attack in hand to hand because of the blades on it
    2. the fact that the Last Chancer named "Shiv" counts as having a power weapon because his blade has a mono-molecular edge (don't all, or at least most, dark eldar have monomolecular edged blades according to the codex?)
    3. Chaos troops have the "spikey bits" upgrade and we dont...when you've accidentally stepped on a dark eldar squad you left on the floor the night before and have to bandage your foot up to stop the bleeding, you'll agree that the DE are most definitely spikey...

So I guess according to fluff...all dark eldar warriors should get +1 attack, re-roll one miss, and all have power weapons...wouldn't that be nice?
    My 40K Armies:
    ----------------
    - Thousand Sons
    - Mordian Imperial Guard

- TAU
    - Dark Eldar

My Fantasy Armies:
    ---------------------
    - Lhamian Vampire Counts
    - Empire

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Neferata
    3. Chaos troops have the "spikey bits" upgrade and we dont...when you've accidentally stepped on a dark eldar squad you left on the floor the night before and have to bandage your foot up to stop the bleeding, you'll agree that the DE are most definitely spikey...
    Don't I know it! That was one of the few things I first learned when I started collection Warhammer many many years ago...one of the main reasons I never bought them was they hurt too much to put together...

Thankfully, I'm slightly more compitent now.
    ~ Rape the churches and burn the women!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but then the cost of them would go up and who wants a 18 point dark eldar warrior???

spiky bits is a 10 point up grade and even if we get it for 5 its still kinda expensie for a DE warrior at 13 points with re roll.... but i do beleive we should he able too get two attacks since we can throw our selves at the emeny and letting them land on our pointy spikes?????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe they let spiky bits to be an option, so we can choose whether we want it or not... coz for 13 pts per DE models is quite expensive... maybe allow raider squads to have pistol and ccw...

+ Reply to Thread