New Codex Rules Details - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Codex Rules Details

I posted some in the rumors sections, but since many people don't see it i thought I post it here.

The details are on my blog
    http://www.daufu.blogspot.com/

Some of the things covered are:

-fixed drone rules
    -new stealths
    -suits BS upgrades (all suits can be BS4 now
    -new suits wepons, the flatchette discharger suit weapons is
    18" Assault 5, STR Rending (no info on AP)
    -Piranha wil lbe in the codex
    -sniper teams are heavy choice
    -krootox is core choice as part of a kroot squad, same with hounds

www.clockworkmedia.net
    40k [Static Tank Tau / Greyknight Sisters Alliance / Chaos Brass Warriors]
    Fantasy [Slann Lizardmen, Cult of Slanesh, Chaos Undivided]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drones: We'd heard this already, so it doesn't surprise. I'm still not sure if I like the rule or no, but meh.

Stealths: A toughness boost wouldn't be out of line, but are we still going to be able to use the 15s? As in, are the 25s a different unit, or a replacement for the little ones?

Targeters: Right, as a hardpoint upgrade? Not worth it unless I can hardwire it too.

Flechette gun: They're giving us LB-X autocannons for our suits? Cool. Assault 5 seems a little beefy, though. I can't think of anything that isn't MEQ that's that fast, so I'm a little skeptical.

Pirahnas: Not that they'll get used much unless we get a plastic from GW. Even then, I dunno how useful they'd be.

Snipers: But we knew that. Almost every other sniper team in the game is HS, so why not ours? The controller for the team smacks of Shadowrun drone riggers, too, which I like.

Kroot: Right, but we knew that. Wow, who knows, maybe people will actually use Krootox now! They're a cool looking model, it'd be nice to actually have a use for them on the tabletop.
    Looking for a 40K group near Tacoma, WA.
    Know one? In one? Want to start one? Drop me a PM.

Libertas Inaestimabilis Res Est.
    Liberty is a thing beyond all price.
    Observe impartially, record accurately, report truthfully.
    --Journalist's Creed

D e F Y
    GRAVITY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some answers

I believe they are hardpoint upgrades.
    This would mean that the new stealth suits have hardpoints as well.
    I doubt thei can be hardwired since foot models can't take them.

No one actually said the new suits replace the old ones, most people assume this.
    It would be nice if this is not the case, since the new suit serves a different purpose.

Flachette suit wepon is a sure thing. This was one of the most talked about weapon by staff. and all snag the same tune, including during the open Q&A session. The only limitation is that it *MAY* be a commander only weapon. Basing this that it comes on the new commander kit.

Pirahas may be out in plastics, there was a long talk about bringing more forgeworld stuff to plastis and this being a trial. Can't confiirm this one 100% though.
    www.clockworkmedia.net
    40k [Static Tank Tau / Greyknight Sisters Alliance / Chaos Brass Warriors]
    Fantasy [Slann Lizardmen, Cult of Slanesh, Chaos Undivided]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it would kick ass if GW brought some FW stuff to plastics so even though im still paying a good price i wont have to spend the FW prices just the GW ones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doesnt the tau forgeworld special character have a flechete susit weapon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

R'myr? No, he packs a double-barreled Plasma Rifle (24" 6/2 Assault 2 or something like that).

--Journalist's Creed

D e F Y
    GRAVITY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont think we'll get the piranha. I dont think it worth it in any way. Consider that they must be a n open-topped, AV 10 vehicle with weapons troops can carry. Not to mention they will probably be pricy (money-wise).

I dunno if tau will get the ability to obtain BS4. We'll have to wait and see.

I do believe the new weapon for Crisis' is the same that the Vespid carries. This is based on my educated guess and view of the "new codex" cover.
    "I'd rather fight 100 Hammerheads than 20 Battlesuits" -Vinnie, an Ultramarine.

*Remember to use the Reputation ability! Click the yellow star beneath a name on the left side!*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

I am very happy to have Drones finally fixed.

I have heard numerous rumors from GW sources saying that the new Stealths are stat-wise identical to the old stealths, apart from the ability to replace the burst cannon with a fusion blaster. I've yet to actually read a rumor from any official source that they will get an improved toughness- I think that's just wishful thinking on the part of the fans. I can't imagine this would be a separate, additional unit. I'm sure the new models will be the only "current" stealth suit models, but if the oldies are popular then they will be stocked in the archives and people can continue to use them.

I like the Flechette gun, but let's be honest here- I design army lists to take all comers, rather than tailor one list to each opponent. I know I'm going to face MEQ way, way more often than all the other kinds of armies combined. As long as MEQ is so over-done, I have no reason to take this weapon, especially not on my commander.

I like the BS4 upgrade as a suit hardpoint option.

I would much rather see Tetras in the codex than Piranhas, as Tetras are fluffy and unique to Tau, whereas the Piranha is just a tau-ish knock-off of Imperial Land Speeders. I'll probably never buy one. However, I think they would probably be really useful to take in a 40K in 40 minutes patrol, if they still count as a Troops Choice.

I will buy and use the Sniper Drone Team models purely on the basis of their looks alone. They could shoot nothing tougher than rotten eggs at the enemy and I'd still be using them, because they'd be cool looking rotten eggs.

Cool, now I have a reason to take the other Kroot species. I'm thinking Krootoxen would be really handy in 40K patrols too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very happy to have Drones finally fixed.
    You'll find no disagreement on this forum.

have heard numerous rumors from GW sources saying that the new Stealths are stat-wise identical to the old stealths, apart from the ability to replace the burst cannon with a fusion blaster. I've yet to actually read a rumor from any official source that they will get an improved toughness- I think that's just wishful thinking on the part of the fans. I can't imagine this would be a separate, additional unit. I'm sure the new models will be the only "current" stealth suit models, but if the oldies are popular then they will be stocked in the archives and people can continue to use them.
    Most likely, but it's nice to dream.

I like the Flechette gun, but let's be honest here- I design army lists to take all comers, rather than tailor one list to each opponent. I know I'm going to face MEQ way, way more often than all the other kinds of armies combined. As long as MEQ is so over-done, I have no reason to take this weapon, especially not on my commander.
    I'll reserve judgement on this one until I see the statline in print for myself. Sadly, you're probably right. I am the only player at my store that doesn't have a MEQ army of some sort.

would much rather see Tetras in the codex than Piranhas, as Tetras are fluffy and unique to Tau, whereas the Piranha is just a tau-ish knock-off of Imperial Land Speeders. I'll probably never buy one. However, I think they would probably be really useful to take in a 40K in 40 minutes patrol, if they still count as a Troops Choice.
    Which means well get Pirahnas, since we know GW makes absolutely certain everything else in the game is a pale imitation of their beloved babies, the Marines.

Homogenization 4 teh lose.

I will buy and use the Sniper Drone Team models purely on the basis of their looks alone. They could shoot nothing tougher than rotten eggs at the enemy and I'd still be using them, because they'd be cool looking rotten eggs.
    Depends on where they end up in the Force Org chart. They'll probably be Heavies, at which point they'll be display models rather than game models, since I'm rather fond of my Railhead twins and Broadside triplets.

Cool, now I have a reason to take the other Kroot species. I'm thinking Krootoxen would be really handy in 40K patrols too.
    Yep. I've always liked the model, and now I'll actually have reason to buy a couple.

However, they've got too many wounds to be legal in a Combat Patrol. -same problem as the Shaper.

--Journalist's Creed

D e F Y
    GRAVITY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is MEQ? space marines?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast