Army Specific Tactics - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tactics: BLACK TEMPLAR

Hey, I'm pretty new here and to 40k but I played fantasy for almost a year and a half before taking a break, but I'm back and forty thousand years into the future. Now just because I was new to 40k doesn't mean I'm not bad, my record with my Tau is 9-1-1 which I know is a petty score to some of you but I created this post to discuss tactics for various opponents, so far I've faced DaemonHunters, Witch Hunters, CC Space Marines (custom codex) , Black Templars, Eldar Alaitoc Craftworld, and Iron Warriors. First I'll start off with my army list so you guys get a basic idea of what I run:

HQ: Shas 'El Commander Fireknife-6 & Multi Tracker (HW) = 98

Elite: XV8 Shas 'Vre: Helios-8 & Multi Tracker (HW) = 84 [[Deep Strike]]
    Elite: XV8 Shas 'Vre: Fireknife-7 & Multi Tracker (HW) = 87
    Elite: X15 Stealth Squad (4) = 120 [[Infiltrate]]

Troop: Firewarrior Squad (12) = 120
    Troop: Kroot Squad (12) = 84 [[Infiltrate]]

Fast Attack: Gun Drones (5) = 60 [[Deep Strike]]

Heavy Support: Railhead, SMS, Multi Tracker, Decoy Launchers = 175
    Heavy Support: Railhead, Burst Cannons, Multi Tracker, Decoy Launchers = 165

Total: 993

So as you can see, other than the Firewarriors I play a pretty mobile force, and the only reason they aren't in a tank is because I don't have enough money to buy a third tank.

Well, after going off on a huge tangent time to get back to the focus of this thread, a bunch of kids at my store who say that the Black Templar are the bane of the Tau with their "Move after getting shot" move. To prove them wrong I faced an employee at my store who just so happened to play Black Templar, now I'm not sure of his costs but this is what he basically played:

HQ: Champlain with power weapon thing and Power Fist

Elite: Squad of 10 termies all with thunder hammers

Troop: 2 Crusader Squads one was led by his Champlain

I'm not going to go into detail in the fight but as you can see he was mainly cc, the game ended in a tie but my proudest accomplishment was the fact that his 10 man termie squad that was prolly around 400+ points only killed my stealth suits and Helios. But I can see how Tau players can have trouble with the Black Templars they are a very frustrating army for shooty players to face. However, I love fighting them mainly because their biggest advantage (Moving when shot at) is what I used against them, what I did was infiltrate my stealth suits near his termies and shoot at them with all I got till I killed one, he would move toward my stealths, then in the assault phase I would jump 'em behind cover, effectivly taking them out of the game for 4 turns.

I know that was a short blurb for tactics but that move works verry well, with drones and Crisis suits too. But I mainly created this topic because I need help with those Alaitoc, they slaughtered me with that damn disruption, pinning my firewarriors and stealth suits and making my kroot start in reserves. If someone could be kind enough to gimme some tips on how to beat them that would be great. Thanks.

--------FOR THE EMPIRE---------
    Mozambique

Last edited by Mozambique; December 1st, 2005 at 01:48. Reason: better name
    ---=========================================---
    +++++++++++++++++LET THE IMPERIUM BURN++++++++++++++++++
    ---=========================================---
    -Moza

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well to beat altoic ( if they are what i think they are, eldar with almost only snipers)

use one ethereal and shas ui in your fire warriors squads. he will almost have no tanks so go easy on the XV8. use railheads.

oh and i forgott one thing put every static unit in cover. you have almost the same range on your weapons.

but i guess you already figured that out already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

If you have trouble with the distruption rolls, use a lot of vehicles and put your squads in Devilfishes. Distruption does not affect these units, and Alaitoc armies generally have a hard time penetrating armour. (Unless it's a good list, Wraithlords can be annoying)
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

+ Reply to Thread