Darkons And Arcons? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey dudes my friend is playing as dark eldar and we were wondering for a small army, which is better, a drakon or an arcon?(forgive my spelling of the names if there wrong, i havent red the DE codex&#33 thanks guys/gals!

The Guardsmen Legions, we fight for the freedom!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well for 1000 or less, I say Dracon. for any army over that go archon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just so you have more than one opinion.
    I would also go Dracon 1000pts or less and Archon from then on.
    When you get up in the 2000pt range you could possibly have both, but its up to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a 1000pts match the one attack, weaponskill andbalistic skill won´t hurt much. The same goes for the one less wound, since your shadow field is your main protection, and when its gone one wound more will seldom be of mcuh a difference.
    A Dracon with SF, CD, SP an Punisher packs nearly as much punsh as a typical Archon, and the few points saved can be quite handy in low point games where every point is that much more needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont take a sp with a punisher... take a tormentor helm so you get extra attack.... I myself take an agoniser and sp, but thats me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a typing mistake, I ment the agonizer ^^ but you got it all right, thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently redid my 1850 point RTT army to beef up its firepower. To do this, I had to drop from an Archon to a Dracon, but I think overall I came out ahead. With the above change and a little additional fiddling, I was able to add a 3rd 13 man sniper squad (2 dark lances) - I like 13 over 10 for a little more longevity (takes losing 1 more man before needing to test your leadership).

I guess I'd agree that you should never use an Archon in low point games (I'd even say 1500 points). - cwh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have taken Archon in a 1,000 before and I have taken Dracon in a 1,000 point battle, they did about the same with all of their wargear and cc weapons probably Dracon in a 1500 or less

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was in a 2000 pt game with my friend. He had tyranids. I chose a Dracon and 3 Haemonculi as my Hq units. I don't think it would of made a big difference with anything if I had an Archon because they are pretty much the same anyway. By the way if your in a fight where your HQ needs more than one wound... your in the wrong fight.

Closed Thread