Offshoot Septs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Offshoot Septs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in the tau q n' a on the gw site, they mention a new sept is in the works, one which relies more heavily on XV suits.

I came up with a sept of my own, what do you all think?

for some reason sept x, much like inyanden, has very few living fire warriors. instead, they are known to use lots of drones in thier armies.

Drones become troop choices, also squads may be as large as 12 instead of 8. you may also upgrade as many as 1/3rd of them to shield drones at +5 points per model. all non drone units become 0-1 in the army list. maybe an upgrade for vehicles that makes them drone controlled so that they are no longer 0-1.

what other spet ideas have you all come up with? I would be interested to see some kind of air caste army, perhaps made entirely of models on jetbike type vehicles.

I wanna hear all of your ideas!

iron Hands
    Haemonculus Coven Dark Eldar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? An all XV Battlesuit army? That sounds sweet...I really like using the suits. I think it would be fair to have a sept like that because Dark Angels are allowed to field The Deathwing. I wonder if it would be too powerful though, because I recall taking a lot of enemy units with just one squad of XV8 and one commander...Oh well Although I can't seem to find the information on the GW website, this sounds like an interesting topic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Is there going to be some kind of variant on the Tau army list just like with the Eldar Craftworld?
    All that is planned are some guidelines on Sept preferences for Crisis configurations."

heres where I found that:
    http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/tau...ted/Tau_FAQ.htm
    iron Hands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

now that i think about it, its pretty ridiculus to think that the air castes superb piloting abilities would not be tapped for surface warfare. or perhaps something more akin to a battlesuit, but much more fluid, with bike type rules.

we need a bike unit manned by air caste!
    iron Hands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, you got that wrong.

GW released a list some white dwarfs ago which details what Sept uses what weapons on its crisis suits.

This has nothing to do with a new Sept or the idea of fielding crisis suits as troop choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh... well, I would still like to see some offshoot septs with different army lists.
    iron Hands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you need to put some restrictions on your drone army list, otherwise it's a bit overdone. There's a reason that GW didn't allow large squads of drones to be fielded as troops... whatever that reason is.

Maybe you should make em cost more to take em as troops... Or maybe you should still limit their numbers, (make em 0-3 troops?). Obviously that's still an advantage over regular tau, as you could then field 6 fast attack units.

Also, another thing that might be interesting is to set them up like tyranids. Drones suffer a leadership drop when they are down to 3 models or fewer, and the codex suggests that they maintain some sort of hive mind network as a squad.

So... it might be cool to have a drone network control device that you field in some form or other, and it allows you to maintain the leadership of your drone squads within a range. Just like tyranid synapse creatures. That way you could add a penalty to your army of drones, making them vulnerable without their control comptuer because of low leadership, and make them a little more interesting to use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

theres an idea... maybe a sub-system that could be put onto a crisis suit?
    iron Hands

Closed Thread