Re-Starting Tau :P - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Re-Starting Tau :P

I recently sold my entire mech tau army (Was getting sick of the green paint, needed money for x-mas presents) and are looking to restart, with better, more careful painting, and new models.

So far I'm thinking about:

4 FW Squads w/Devilfish
    16 Stealthy Suits (Probably new ones, as I hear they'll be plastic)
    Ionhead
    Railhead
    2x Broadsides
    6 Pathfinders
    5-6 Crisis Suits (Including the 'el(s))
    10 gundrones leached from FW boxes and the like
    32 Kroot
    Possibly Vespid, pending rules/points.

Obviously I haven't put any points on this yet, just sketched out my longterm plans.

Paintjob could either go dark (Black/Dark blue)
    Bright (White armor/Black Under)
    or Urban (Blue/Urban Camo etc.)

Anyway, Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?
    My Space Wolves are looking awful lonely without Tau on the shelf.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by LocoLobo
    16 Stealthy Suits
    i <3 j00

Putting together Tau skimmers:

The tau skimmers are an excellent piece of work from GW often turned bad by new players.

Put the seats on the bottom. Then glue in the seperator in the middle. Glue in the top, the sides, and the rear. Click the door in (don't glue it). Lastly, glue in the "t" shaped piece on the bottom. Now, leave it alone.

You can put together the engines, just don't glue them to the body. You can glue the lid to the top piece, just don't glue the top piece to the body. You can put together the gun drones, burst cannons, and smart missles, just don't glue them to the body. Don't glue the landing gear to the body. Don't glue the front middle bit to the body.

For the devilfish, you can glue the two pieces of the burst cannon, just don't glue them to the semi-sphere, which is not to be glued to the ring, which is not to be glued to the body. These three pieces will slide under the "t" shaped piece and be held in, and can be removed when you want. This is similar for the hammerhead, except there is no burst cannon. With the hammerhead, glue the parts of the main weapon together, but don't glue it to anything. You should be able to swap between heavy weapons, just glue in the half breadloaf shaped piece into the hammerhead top. I had to then add a small piece to the front of the breadloaf to stop the weapons facing downwards, but it's hardly noticable.

You can now fit your tau skimmers in a layer of a GW carry case with ease.
    Last edited by onlainari; December 6th, 2005 at 05:14.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LocoLobo
    needed money for x-mas presents
    Don't we all dude but I wouldn't sell my army. How much you get BTW?

Shas'o Sa'cea Mont'yr Tolka Ket'ra - Commander Warhawk
    Commander of the 115th Expeditionary Force of Sa'cea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by that_guy
    Don't we all dude but I wouldn't sell my army. How much you get BTW?
    400 Dollars. I was nice and threw in the carry case and Codex. Also, as I said, I really wanted to start over with a new, awesome paintjob, and I refuse to pain models twice, so it just sort of worked out. Plus, one of my favorite parts of Warhammer is watching the army come together, and now I get to do it again, albeit much prettier.

Thanks for the skimmer advice onlainari, I'll definitely take that to heart. Having to accomodate full piece skimmers SUCKS.

I would also like to announce that I fully intend to go magnet-crazy with this army. Everything you can imagine will likely be changeable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Update: I now have one unit of FW, some already painted. The scheme I decided to go with was the black fatigues, white armor, and red detailing/badges. The models themselves don't look awesome up close (I'm not that great of a painter, and white is a ***** to learn how to paint properly) but from average game playing distance they look awesome, exactly how I hoped. I have not yet decided quite yet whether to get the old stealth suits (Which are going fast at my local store, seeing as they aren't allowed to order any more old Tau stuff) or wait until the new ones come.

I currently have 40 bucks, which is probably going towards another box of FW, after which I will start buying devilfish. It looks like I'm going to have:
    3 standard units of Mech FW's (12 FW in a fishy w/ decoys/multi/and t.a)
    3 units of 10 Kroot (I <3 Kroot)
    2 Broadsides
    Ionhead
    Railhead
    10 Gun Drones
    2 units of 8 Stealth Suits
    Maybemaybe a unit of Pathfinders later on, but I'm not sure if I want to go with the 4th HS choice in this army, seeing as I have the Broadsides
    3 Crisis Suits (probably plasma/missle pod or something of the sort)
    2 Shas'el (One with the Plasma/FB/Shield Gen combo, One with the other suits)

I don't currently have a codex on me as I'm waiting for the new one and I sold my old one with my army, but I figure this should be plenty enough. (150 bucks in HS alone... yeesh.) I might bail on some stuff and incorporate Snipers/Vespid if either turn out to be useful.

Total Cost as planned: $470 (Ouchies!) And that doesn't include paint/glue/brushes/magnets either. And I'm even SAVING money, seeing as I'm going to get two battleforces (Best. Tau. Deal. EVER, 155 bucks worth of stuff for 90). This could take awhile.

-Edit- Actually the next monies might go towards saving up for a BF, or a fishy, since the two BF's with finish off my FW needs, my Gun Drones needs, my Kroot needs, and my Crisis Suit needs. Or Stealths. 40 bucks is 8 stealths.
    Last edited by Rattrap; December 13th, 2005 at 20:34.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Bought a Crisis suit and a pack of stealths today, hopefully I'll have all the FW's the stuff I bought today finished by the time I get back fron Arizona. (Leaving tomorrow, get back the 29th).

+ Reply to Thread