Fast Attack - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fast Attack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what do you prefer out of hellions or reavah jetbikes?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Definitely reavers. They can have twice as many blasters as hellions, and they can move twice as fast. For some strange reason hellions are one of the slowest units in the DE list, yet they count as fast attack. Their hit and run ability is the only thing that makes them faster than scourges (which are heavy support).

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don´t forget that Hellions can make a fall back move in any direction, even over the heads of the enemĂ*es they are fighting against ... that can increase their mobility quite a lot ... and I think you can deep strike with them since they are treated as jump modules. Of course this is allways risky, but with some luck can be quite usefull.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer reavers than Hellions but then again I have hardly played with Hellions either. From the way I see the Hellions, they are more of a specialized unit which means they have specific uses for specific tactics although I don't know which one yet so it's hard to use them effectively and certainly won't be used in every single battle, although the hit and run is really nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive tried helions, and jet bikes as well, i like helions cause they can deep strike but so can the jet bikes, the helions can shoot and assult, thats is really good, shoot hte enemy up before charging them (special rule their helgaive has.. think its spelled that way) but jet bikes i just love, though they are easily shot down, even though they get their inv. save if they move oer 12 inch. helions are slow, but good in numbers. but so are all other things, but i find their hit and run tactic not good, you fall back the the 3ds (i think) but what about the opponets next turn!! he'll shoot them down like flies, trust me ive experianced it many times. ark if i had to chose, id say, new assult troop or something! dunno, jet bikes are awsome in cc, but helions are more!! damh they are really evil in cc, but slow, same as the talos. still
    ark i dont know.
    find out for your selves, dont let me change your mind, find out for yourself, best way of getting a better army. making it yourself, then finding out by experiance what is the best way to make it better and harder and more and more and more evil!! oh well gotta go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Nightshade@Nov 24 2003, 04:27
    ive tried helions, and jet bikes as well, i like helions cause they can deep strike but so can the jet bikes, the helions can shoot and assult, thats is really good, shoot hte enemy up before charging them (special rule their helgaive has.. think its spelled that way) but jet bikes i just love, though they are easily shot down, even though they get their inv. save if they move oer 12 inch. helions are slow, but good in numbers. but so are all other things, but i find their hit and run tactic not good, you fall back the the 3ds (i think) but what about the opponets next turn!! he'll shoot them down like flies, trust me ive experianced it many times. ark if i had to chose, id say, new assult troop or something! dunno, jet bikes are awsome in cc, but helions are more!! damh they are really evil in cc, but slow, same as the talos. still
    ark i dont know.
    find out for your selves, dont let me change your mind, find out for yourself, best way of getting a better army. making it yourself, then finding out by experiance what is the best way to make it better and harder and more and more and more evil!! oh well gotta go
    Thats why you hit and run on your opponents assault phase . That way your turn is next and you can either charge the same unit or go after something else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly, this is the way to use ther hit 'n run ... flee in the enemys turn right obove his head and then choose what to do next in your turn. It can be really funny and with a bit of luck you can cross half the board with this tactic, like hit 'n run 3d6 (about 11" in average), move 12" and assault 6" ... this adds to quite an impressiv reach, doesn´t it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reavers are much better IMO as they fill 2 niches in my army:

1. Tank hunting with Blasters, speed and 4+ invul. Very important to take out vehicles early. 3 squads of 3 Reavers is small but almost guarantees wins against transport armies (surround exit points and shoot).

2. Anti-heavy weapon squads. Tying up shooty 200-300pt shooty squads in crucial turns is massively important.

Made a cheap, viable list with 6 10-man squads with 2 Dark Lances and 3 Reaver squads. Whether it's taking out transports (natural counter to shooty infantry) or tieing up Heavy Bolter Dev squads (other counter).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    reavers work alot better because of the invulnerable save and they do tend to last a bit longer with the added toughness. Their CC fighting prowess is also quite exceptional because of added strength. Reavers can be pretty much used as tank busters aswell since they can get blasters.
    Hellions are all to fragile for my taste after being a SM player for so long then converting to a DE fan I guess I still like more stalwart units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you think its worth it to give the reavers haywire nades if im tank bustin', or do you think just blasters are good enough?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast