Without number..questions. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without number..questions.

Ok, so say my gaunts get shot, two of the die. (The entire turn) I now have a brood of 2 gaunts?

If so this is going to have te tyranid player running around with tons of tiny broods of gaunts.

Also, say I loose 3 gaunts from 2 units, 6 dead total. At te beginning of my turn do they come back as 2 broods of 3 gaunts as they died, or as 1 new brood of 6?

The entire codex is hectic and confusing to me but im getting a handle on it, this just really confuses me.

Thanks

He's coming for you...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

No, only when the entire brood has been killed or is broken can you bring it back.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohhhhhh, well, I feel stupid, that option didn't even occur to me. Now that I read it, that makes sense.
    Man this codex is confusing, so many choices!

He's coming for you...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, without number certainly is an option... but not one you should be considering. In most opinions, it's a waste of points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? I mean, your units coming back, thats great.

Then again, 3 points..if I dont spend that I can basically get 50% more gaunts on the table to begin with. Hum, doesnt sound so appealing anymore.

He's coming for you...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by MasokisticAngel
    Really? I mean, your units coming back, thats great.

Then again, 3 points..if I dont spend that I can basically get 50% more gaunts on the table to begin with. Hum, doesnt sound so appealing anymore.
    Yeah, it can be worthwhile if you're in a defensive scenario and the Gaunts don't have far to travel. Otherwise, by the time return to a useful position, the game is already over.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

85 (x2)

But you must admit, without number is the Anti-Kill Team. Thats why Trynids are good offense and deffense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without number is probably the biggest waste of points in Nid codex IMHO, by the time they come back, it takes superb fleet rolls to get them across th eboard, plus you have to leave some type of synapse creature behind for them to do anything but lurk. Plus two without number = 1 spinegaunt with a point left over. If you just don't have the models you might try it , but it hasn't been useful to me yet with four playtest games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x4)

You don't have to Lurk, though. If the Gaunts are out of Synapse range, they should definitely attempt to pass the Instinctive Behaviour test. If they pass then they move as normal, which is good. If they fail then they fall back (well, forward if the Synapse if further up the field) towards the nearest Synapse Creature, which is not as good, but still better than Lurking since it moves them closer to the battle.

-Ostsol

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

It would be useful in kill-team games, though. I don't remember the kill team rules that well, but don't nids use broods of termagants as brute squads? Under new rules, termagants have without number, so that means a nid player would, in effect, have infinite brute squads..... And what would happen if they were on a kill team? Would the guants come back if the kill team died and the whole team had without number?
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast