CHAOS VS ORKS (why so tough?) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CHAOS VS ORKS (why so tough?)

I have a friend that has chaos marines. Whenever we play, he always shots my KOS down so fast I cant do anything. When I can do something though, I can never reach him. He always shoots me down and refuses to go in CC. My headaches come from his defiler. AUGGHHHGGHH I hate that thing. I thought about getting a looted Bassie, but what do you think.

I am a very cool person. Yes I am.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

First, please work on posts so that we can give real feedback instead of just generalities, it will make you feedback more beneficial, and its easier to read.

In general Ork's Kult of Speed is hard to play vs Chaos as they have a really nice variety of special/heavy weapons, and can generally field lots of them. You have to realize your playing an army that its basic weapon can glance your vehicles, and its medium weaponary easily pentrates. Because of that you have to use terrain to your advance, deploy carefully, and take upgrades like riggers and plates.

A defiler is rough for any army. However, considering its str 8 ordinance that can fired indirectly it can target any of your vehicles.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say a battlewagon is your best bet to absorb some of that fire, i mean what else is there, besides possibly a squiggoth which you wouldnt be able to use in a standard game anyways. you need to draw his fire with something while you pepper him with fire and advance. You must have something to fire back so that you're not just advancing all the while hes blowing you to smitherines. As always, my suggestion for this takes the form of warbuggies and wartrakks. Load up on 'em.
    Where's the trukk?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x3)

GrotStompa, you already thought about a looted Bassie, now here's my two cent (or teef, since we are Orks )
    Depending on the amount of terrain hinding it might be quite difficult and even if you do so, the Defiler might have the Indirect fire Capability and thus might ferret your Bassie out (AV 12 vs. Str8 Ordnance will often enough fail to protect )
    So another Option might be the Leman Russ. Quite well Armoured and the Battle Cannon will pop up Vehicles and Marines alike. Or if you want to play it a little more risky, take the Demolisher variant, where you might have to invest your first turn into getting it closer due to the shorter range of the main weapon but then it rocks :yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

If you post an example of your army list and an example(as close as you can remember of your opponents), we could better help.

Other than that, it seems likely you aren't playing with enough terrain, as a game with KoS, should go...

Turn #1. Move Fast(up to 24") and hide behind a piece of terrain.

Turn #2. Move 12", deploy, shoot and assault.

Other than that, armour plates, red paint jobs, turbo boostas(grot riggers are mandatory in KoS, so I'm assuming you already have those), and a KFF, mekboy Tools, and grot oilers on a mekboy in a burna squad or a big Mek in a battlewagon, should enable you to survive until you get there. On a battlewagon, the force field generator is great as it doesn't slow you down like it would on a truck and gets rid of your vulnerability due to open topped.

As for weapons, rokkets and burnas all around. Don't bother with the big shootas. I really wouldn't ever take big shootas in any Ork list, unless you were specifically fighting a horde list, and maybe not even then. But that's just me.
    "No one has a monopoly on wisdom."-S.W.G.

Fluff Master Clan initiate.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."-C.

New 40K missions here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROIGHT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boss
    Mega armor
    Rokkit, power claw
    Ammo runt 100
    5 nobs
    All mega armor
    Sluggas, choppas, clawz
    Ammo runtx5 280
    Battle wagon
    Grot rigz
    Red
    Armor plates
    3 twin rokkitz
    5 big shootaz 185

8 stormboyz 120
    Trukk
    Rokkitz
    Rigz
    Red
    Armor
    9 boyz
    1 burna- x2 354
    THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT I PUT IN MY ARMY. SOMETIMES THERE IS MORE!

I am a very cool person. Yes I am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord grot stompa
    Boss
    Mega armor
    Rokkit, power claw
    Ammo runt 100
    5 nobs
    All mega armor
    Sluggas, choppas, clawz
    Ammo runtx5 280
    Battle wagon
    Grot rigz
    Red
    Armor plates
    3 twin rokkitz
    5 big shootaz 185

8 stormboyz 120
    Trukk
    Rokkitz
    Rigz
    Red
    Armor
    9 boyz
    1 burna- x2 354
    THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT I PUT IN MY ARMY. SOMETIMES THERE IS MORE!
    Well tbh, I'm hardly surprised he's shooting you up. In this 1000 point list, you have, what... 26 boyz? You dont have a chance!

A retinue in games under 1500 is a definate nono. In fact, I like to use a big mek instead of a boss because he's cheaper which means you can take more vehicles. Putting mega armour on all your nobs eats through points faster than jonny vegas at lunchtime, meaning you have to squeeze the rest of your army.

If you cant get him to come to CC, you need to take the CC to him. And that means numbers- lots of numbers. You only have three vehicles there and four units, two of which move at only 12" a turn. When playing KOS, you have two choices: Try and weather his fire, move at 12" and engage turn 4ish, or zip as fast as you can and try and get into combat before he can shoot you up too much. I recommend the second option as the defiler will shoot down AV13 with ease. This means: Drop the boss and get a big mek with a KFF for defending your boyz. Put him in a trukk with some repairing power. Burna boyz are much better than trukk boyz because they can take multiple burnas, so get a squad of them and a squad of trukk boyz. Stormboyz only move 12", so are two slow- cut them and get another trukk. Its all about massing your forces.

When playing, the first thing to do is make sure you have enough terrain. The board should be 25% COVERED with terrain- that is a LOT of terrain so test it out by clumping it in one corner before the game starts. There should be an even division between things which provide a cover save but dont block LOS, like low walls, things which block LOS through it but give a cover save in it like forests, and impassable terrain like buildings. The second two categories are your friends. You should never go into difficult terrain and he cant shoot though forests, regardless of how thick they are, so that means that over 15% of the board is covered in lovely, lovely LOS blocking terrain. Make sure it is placed fairly as well- dont let him put it down before you arrive and bunch it all in one place. Then, by zipping your trukks behind cover you should be able to make it so that he hardly gets to fire a shot.
    ROIGHT!

+ Reply to Thread