Staff Of Light Or Warscythe - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, im trying to decide which weapon to put on my destroyer lord. a staff or warscythe. which one would you put on a destroyer lord or which one is better to put on a destroyer lord??? i cant decide its driving me insane!! :blink:

destroyer lord=185pts

phlactery
    res. orb
    destroyer bod.

and staff of light or warscythe but which one?

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:gray'>Copy my signature and paste it on yours, for im a VIRUS. Help me spread the word of evil...</span></span>

<a href='http://www.gamecircus.com' target='_blank'>For God&#39;s Sake Don&#39;t Click This...</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it really depends on your tactics. If, say, you want your lord accompanied by Flayed Ones, to CC then I suggest getting warscythe WITH a destroyer body. If not, the normal lord with staff of light will do in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

i always put a warscythe on my lord. and if it&#39;s a des.lord i see no real reason not to put a warscythe on them. i mean, they can take out anything in cc, the only trick is to hit them

the staff of light is a waste of pts imo. if you ever get within 12&#39;&#39; of the enemy you will probably either get shot down next turn or enter cc with them next turn, so the staff of light is very seldom put to effective use.
    "I have seen you humans, trying to forge an Empire in the name of a corpse"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both Weapons suck IMHO.

I prefer the staff of light against enemies without inv save like normal space marines, as it already counts as an energy weapon.

This is the choice: 3 powerful assault attacks, or no saving throws in CC at all. The necron lord is not so strong in CC, so it really depends on what units your enemy fields.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recomend a warscythe if he is on foot and acompanying other troops in cc or a staff of light on the destroyer body since mostly it will just go around with your destroyers and provide cover while your cc guys advance.
    &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com/quiz...nake.jpg&quot; border=&quot;0&quot;&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you should use the warscythe because the lord would be best in cc if you have a destoryer body

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think i might go with the staff of light. just because my lord is already at 185 pts and thats pretty expenive in my eyes.

thanks guys&#33; :w
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:gray'>Copy my signature and paste it on yours, for im a VIRUS. Help me spread the word of evil...</span></span>

<a href='http://www.gamecircus.com' target='_blank'>For God&#39;s Sake Don&#39;t Click This...</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Steel Skull@Nov 22 2003, 19:59
    it really depends on your tactics.
    That is what is comes down to... if you want him to move the 12 with the destroyers than go ahead with Staff of Light. but if you advance him with your flayed ones or wraiths then you might as well make him a character killer. Taking away all saves. on a t6. yes for 200+ points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;d drop the phylactery for a phase shifter to make him even tougher to kill in the first place. the phyl does not increase your chances at a WBB roll.. and since you get one every time s.o. drops the lord, why bother? dead is dead, alive is... not really alive in this case but you know what I mean.

Closed Thread