Thoughts About Tyrranid Warriors.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

OK i see players Tyranid players using warriors very "clumsly".
    Jesusssss tyranid warriors in NOT only "meat wall" and dont ever go ranged warrior ( i thing the only compination thats worth and trust me i see with my own eyes is deatspitter and scything talons with venom sacs -The perfect teminator killer- hmm with some luck i guess )
    Ok my strategy of how i use my tiranid warriors is leaping warrios (dont DO any modeling addition just say hey this is a leaping warrior from the beggining of the game) with scything talons+ venom sacks and the flesh hooks and use them "suprizely" or mix them with genestelers THEY ROCK!!!.
    Dont put wings even with ranged weapons is ussels . Trust leaping warriors can annihilate easy squads of enemys warriors.

MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

instead of a reitnue of stealers why not give then rending claws? cheaper and get their strength and usually don't need 6+ to wound versus tough people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

with scything talons+ venom sacks and the flesh hooks and use them "suprizely" or mix them with genestelers THEY ROCK!!!.

I make a mistake i mean scything talons+venom sacs AND rending claws SRY!
    MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I screwed up my Warriors a bit, so I'm looking to rectify that soon. I chose the mindless combination of longe ranged VC warrior, middle range Deathspitter warrior and close range RC warrior (talons on all). This, it turns out, was a mistake. Do not copy this without some great masterplan behind your intentions.

In close combat, there is one excellent warrior (I gave him implant attack as well, just for fun), and two average warriors that cost too much in points to die quickly. At middle range, there are two good warriors and one useless warrior, and at long range, only one of the warriors can be considered useful at all, and then only on a 4+ (BS3 Goddamnit&#33.

I'm intending to either wing or add leaping to them to try and sort this out (I figure that if they can move fast then changing range will be easier - perhaps I'll get the chance to make use of all the warriors this way).
    I would break off the weapon arms and add RCs to all, but I don't have enough, so that idea can't be considered. (I could do this in the future if I get hold of some monstrous creatures sprues, but even then I wouldn't be happy about breaking off the arms of the models - if they snapped, and having to re-do the painting (which is, btw, surprisingly good for me).

And, making completely CC warriors is a waste for one of the best units to carry a VC. (2 x S7 shots I think, S8 with an exceptional size mutant). I say best because although they aren't that tough and aren't as great as Carnifex' or Tyrants, they're a lot cheaper - about 45pts for my VC warrior, I think. Same as the cost of the actual weapon for the Carnifex. Could have about 8 x S7 shots in exchange for the cost of 2 x S10 shots with the 'fex. On a larger board, or against many vehicles + really tough things, this is useful. Well, in theory. I haven't had opportunity to try it yet - I have much modelling to do.

-=Count Jasper=-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just an FYI...

One Warrior can't have implant attack. Its all or nothing. Same goes with the other biomoph enhancements.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I think it can. In the codex, Biomorphs and Biomorph Enhancements are listed separately. If I wanted to be a literal-meaning kinda rules-lawyer person*, I could say that since the line is "all Warriors must have the same biomorphs" (not enhancements, just bio-morphs) then I would find the Codex in my favour there.

Obviously whatever Games Workshop's original intentions were are irrelevant, since they've made a mess of other good intentions (#cough#Shoot Big Ones#cough#).

* And for the record, I don't really, but am I going to edit my models now? No.

-=Count Jasper=-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, again in the Codex, there is a picture on the colour pages of three warriors (the bare minimum army picture), one of whom has implant attack while his mates don't.

(Like this one from the 40k site, only with one implant and two non-implant warriors.)

Hopefully if anyone I play argues, that should be enough to convince them. If not, at least it's hardly vital. Thank you for the information though.

-=Count Jasper=-

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

On page 12 it is clearly mentioned that all warriors of a brood have to be equipped with implant attack, not just as many as you want. The picture is also a very weak argument, because as far as i know its description doesn't literally mention that one of them is in fact equipped with implant attack.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's description doesn't mention that, but there is no picture description of a brood of warriors elsewhere in the book contradicting it, and since every other picture in the book is accurate and rule-abiding (AFAIK), I see no reason why this one shouldn't be.

Page 12 says "The Tyranid Warrior brood may be equiped with up to two biomorph enhancements chosen from the following list....."

Open to interpretation really. That's your standard warrior chappy, mutable genus et all in the back of the book could well be considered differently, and it doesn't say explicitly that you can't be using just the one implant on that page.

I stand by my conclusion, albeit an unusual one. And as I said, it isn't as though I'm going to unmodel the enhancement anyway.

-=Count Jasper=-

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Originally posted by CountJasper@Nov 23 2003, 18:50
    Page 12 says "The Tyranid Warrior brood may be equiped with up to two biomorph enhancements chosen from the following list....."
    I don't see how this is open to interpretation. "The tyranid warrior brood" means the entire brood, not "as many warriors as you want". Note that it's exactly the same choice of words in the upgrade options of other armies when they explain the option to equip that squad with grenades and such things. Additionally, in the same codex entry the weapon upgrade options (which allow to mix weapons) use a significantly different choice of words, which literally mentions that not all warriors have to use the same weapons.

The mutable genus table rules also mention that the warriors of that brood may have different weapons - but they do not mention such a thing for biomorph enhancements. Wouldn't this be mentioned in the same way as it is for weapons if this was allowed?

jwu

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast