Moving da boss around - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moving da boss around

Hi there. After painting a few orky models just fro fun about a month ago, I realized just exactly how much fun the BIG green men really are, which has in turn inspired my orky army. I was wondering, how should I transport my boss about- Wartrukk, battlewagon, looted vehicle, or on foot?

The boss is (generally) armed with a power klaw, a slugga, a bionik arm, a bionik bonce, a cybork body, and 'eavy armour.

My regular opponents are Tau, IG, SM, 'nids and Necrons.

"You're very interesting, and very perceptive. So interesting, and so perceptive, in fact, that we shall now fight with KNIVES!"
    -Moltar

"I've been dead long before you were born, and I'll be dead long before you'll be dead!"
    -Space Ghost

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

is he in a regular unit of boys? or in a retinue of nobs? I'd consider giving him mega-armor and some nobz with either mega armor or ard. mainly what does the rest of your army consist of and how quickly do you dive into combat? If he's just in with another unit of boys you could put him in a truck with truck boys. if he's got a retinue maybe a battlewagon with the nobz for some real fun
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other than the Tyranids, your opponents seem to be shooty armies. Thus, a battlewagon or trukk that is unportected may be a bad idea. If you have lots of mobile forces, then it might be a good idea to put the boss along with them. Don't divide your forces. If you have lots of footsloggers, protect your warboss with a KFF and 30 cheap slugga boyz. He will almost certainly make it to the enemy. If not, then the rest of your forces will because your enemy probably had to spend a lot of fire reducing his threat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Put 30 grotz infrount of them.. so you can claim a 4+ cover save!
    I am Narcotick. Fear me.

LO Musicians clan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rest of my army (usually) consists of the following:
    1 mob sluggaboyz
    1 mob shootaboyz
    1 mob skarboyz
    1 mob 'ardboyz
    Either 1 Battlewagon or 1 looted Hellhound

And yes, the Boss does have a nob retinue, mainly armed with sluggas and choppas and in 'eavy armour, accompanied by a mad dok and his grot orderlies.

I have a problem with mega armour, in that it reduces the potential number of attacks the boss can dish out and reduces his potential charge distance.

Grotz are cool, but financially unfeasible.
    "You're very interesting, and very perceptive. So interesting, and so perceptive, in fact, that we shall now fight with KNIVES!"
    -Moltar

"I've been dead long before you were born, and I'll be dead long before you'll be dead!"
    -Space Ghost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

You can't claim a 4+ cover save from grots.. its a 5+ cover save. After all they are grots their not that big plus you have to roll to see if you can use it.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Besides.. grots.. cool..

Use gnoblars or somthing.. cheapness
    I am Narcotick. Fear me.

LO Musicians clan.

+ Reply to Thread