Unbeatable Enemy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unbeatable Enemy

There is a guy at the local GW, lets call him "Fancypants Constantine". He plays Tyranids and is one of the best players in the store, he even has the papers to prove it as he has the results of the last campaign taped on the inside of his army case, he was in first and lost 1 game out of like 60+.

We usually play 500pts combat patrol vs. each other. This list has no weakness that orks can use at this points level. I dont have many more points of orks than this (about 800pts) so any more will just allow him to feild more stealers and MCs.

What he feilds is variations of these things:

10 Spineguants
    10 Termagaunts (dropped without number)
    18-20 Genestealers in 2 broods
    3 Zoanthropes

Becuase the bulk of his army doesnt need synapes I cant use that vs. him. The Zoanthrops can take out any shooting I have quickly even when they are in cover due to being 3 of them. Only once have I held off vs. the Stealers in CC for more than 2 turns, still losing of course. The guants are just filler in his list but even they shoot the crap out of my ork, I have to shoot as many stealers as my Poor BS will allow, I dont have time for shooting the guants, trying to shoot the Zoanthropes is similarly usless becuase I cant cause enough wounds becuase I hit it so little and it has a 2+ save.

Is it even possable to beat this, no one in the store has beaten this list and everyone has tryed, not just orks have a problem with it, its just praticularly bad for us since he cant hit crap and more Ork players dont have many ranged boyz model becuase they are generally useless (I have and sqaud of 13 shoota boyz, just for the big shootas).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

It is a hard list and my advice is to do the unorky thing and hide, sitting in cover with slugga boyz can make stealers think twice, big shootas can really help and burnas can aid your counter-charge.

Take lots of multiple shot weapons and try to take a small squad (probably with big shootas) and go hunt down them zoanthropes. Ignore the gaunts if you can and take out as many 'stealers and 'thropes as possible, take large squads with nobs with bosspole and maybe kustom shootas.

For a reckless tactic take some trukk boyz and try to assault the zoanthropes while the trukk goes and helps whittle down the large squads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, Short Simple plan.. Aim EVERYTHING At the Zoanthropes.. Loot a Leman russ too..
    Cause Av14, and ORDANANCE!

And.. big shootas!

Go full on carnage with the guns!

Cause.. if you can't hit em hard enough.. Run.. hide and shoot!

Edit: Get stuff out of synapse range
    I am Narcotick. Fear me.

LO Musicians clan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Give him a headache and don't take anything worth shooting his his Zoanthropes...that'd be my tactic...make that part of his list just useless. Load up on slugga boys, and pray that your resiliance, numbers and burnas can swarm those genestealers. I suspect that burnas will be more useful than big shootas against the 'stealers as they mean you don't have to use your bs enabling you to kill a lot of points with them (and later they can be used for power weapons). If you can kill the stealers, the rest of the army becomes just filler, and close combat with your boyz choppas will see off those Zoanthropes.

I'd try something like:

30 Slugga boyz W/Nob & Power Klaw + 3 Burnas 324 pts
    15 Slugga boyz W/Nob & Power Klaw 171pts

I'd head towards the genestealers and pray your burnas can kill enough initially that your 45 slugga boyz can overcome them. If you win that fight, you should able to beat the rest of his army, his BS3 small template Zoanthropes should have problems killing their points back. Whats left of your army from the genestealers should be able to kill them, Choppas or Power Klaws for the insta-kill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Werd, back to da choppa! 2+ saves don't mean squat to da boyz. I argee with Addoran. Lots of cheap boyz so his thropes don't have good targets. And don't try to outshoot him, just get stuck in and start smushing bugs!

Quote Originally Posted by Addoran
    I'd try something like:

30 Slugga boyz W/Nob & Power Klaw + 3 Burnas 324 pts
    15 Slugga boyz W/Nob & Power Klaw 171pts

I'd head towards the genestealers and pray your burnas can kill enough initially that your 45 slugga boyz can overcome them. If you win that fight, you should able to beat the rest of his army, his BS3 small template Zoanthropes should have problems killing their points back. Whats left of your army from the genestealers should be able to kill them, Choppas or Power Klaws for the insta-kill.
    Armies:
    Tyranids: 2500 pts
    Imperial Guard: 1000 pts
    Witch Hunters: 1000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The easiest way to beat that list is to tell him that it's illegal.

In Combat Patrol, you may not have any model with a 2+ save, which a Zoanthrope clearly does. So, unless you aren't playing by the true Combat Patrol rules, his army is not fieldable.
    Emperor have mercy on those who stand against me, for I shall not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

lol...I can't believe I didn't spot that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would explain his uberness, even so if it was not combat patrol I would have been worse off as my Warboss would have taken up atleast 100pts of the 550pts game leaving less room for my boyz.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

I like the waagghh idea. Although a unit of burna boyz couldn't hurt.
    Three Companies of the 26th Vinancium
    143rd Airborne Badgers (99.9% done)
    159th Corsair Rifles (35% done))
    69th Armored Wall Busters (95% done)

Total 197 men, 12 tanks, 4 Heavy Artillery Pieces

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Well next time you see him tear that stupid piece of paper out of his case and read out loud the rules and the codex. Then he will either blame you guys for letting it slide or he will admit he is not the best. Now as for tactics in patrols usually the winner has more troops to start with as each dice role is less of a factor when you have more models than opponet. For example if a space marine player has one turn of rotten luck well he is in deep stuff. So mass out on boys and get more than him. Besides no ork player should ever cower from a fight and if you won that way it would be a rather shameful unfluffy victory.

Just mass out on combate units for patrol as there is little that an army can use to stop that. the only armies that can have significant fire power are units that have high BS weapon platforms. As previously stated the zoarnathops are illegal

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast