1500 pt noob vs Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pt noob vs Eldar

Hi, just got the codex today. I'm expecting to fight a Cleanse mission vs Eldar with the following config:

3 Wraithlords with starcannons
    3 Guardian squads each with Waveserpents
    a Banshee squad on a Waveserpent with holo fields and spirit stones
    a Fire Dragon squad on a Waveserpent with holo field and spirit stones
    Farseer with Mindwar
    *all Waveserpents armed with starcannons

---------------

2 Lords with an Orb of Resurrection each
    6 squads of 10 Necron Warriors

3 squads of 3 scarab bases

(still have a few points left)

-------------
    My initial plan is to deploy in cover in a phalanx within 24" (but 18" away) of his push-back Wraithlords so my gauss can reach them, hopefully killing all 3 before they get close, with the scarabs to swoop in and tie them up in case I fail to do so.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

You NEED some destroyers, a squad of 4 is a nice and for 200 points are a bargain.
    One lord should be kitted out with res orb. and veil of darkness while the other has res. orb, phase shifter, phlacetry wich brings him to 185.

The wraithlords are going to cause you real problems as you are only going to wound it once or twice (after saves).
    Two tomb spyders are useful as they can aid WBB and a monolith is cool and aids WBB.

If those are your only models then you need to maximise your firepower at each squad a turn hoping to wipe them out, the banshees should be the first to die as they can make a mess of your warriors and then slowly killing off each other squad.

Hopefully with the squads dead you can try to kill the wraithlords and the serpents- don't bother they will run rings around you when you have no destroyers of any kind.

It may sound harsh but you really have to focus your firepower to acheive victory.

P.S hoping to kill three wraithlords with gauss flayers was...optimistic to say the least.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    282 (x5)

This is a Eldar list that I don’t like (I love Eldar). 3 WL vs Necron...

Any way kill the wave serpents first (the 2 with aspects). Fire dragons and Banshees kick ass if they get close. I don’t really know how you shod deal with the WL...

I never take 3 WL, its really boring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about:

2 Lords with an Orb of Resurrection each
    2 squads of 10 Necron Warriors
    1 squad of 3 Destroyers
    3 Monoliths

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    282 (x5)

HAHAHA

No chance that he can kill lith with star cannons

If he have a “cheesy” list way not make one your self.

Edit: But you have to see what other guys think as well, Im a bit new at 40 k...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

errr....no, 3 monliths is a joke and nothing more (in a 1500 list only take 1 monolith).

Here's my 1500 point list IMO its balanced enough to take on any thing, maybe it will help:-

Lord w/ res orb, phase shifter, phlacetry, warscythe 195
    31 warriors (in three squads, one squad 11 strong) 558
    4 destroyers 200
    5 scarabs 60
    2 tomb spyders (with particle projector)
    monolith
    5 immortals 140

total 1498
    phase out 11

This list IMO is a fairly good one (even though the lord doesn't have a VoD) and will out shoot about anything as at 12-24" range the firepower is massive so assaulting squads shouldn't reach you in one piece.

The destroyers are really key to this list so if they survive they make great 'clean up' units.

I feel your list should have lots of necron units like mine to prevent phase out.

P.S AndEng, you are crazy, the only wat to beat cheese is a cheese grater and my list has 41, 60 million year old cheese graters that will make him like swiss cheese- full of holes.
    Last edited by The_Outsider; December 14th, 2005 at 16:53.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

282 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outsider
    errr....no, 3 monliths is a joke and nothing more (in a 1500 list only take 1 monolith).

Here's my 1500 point list IMO its balanced enough to take on any thing, maybe it will help:-

Lord w/ res orb, phase shifter, phlacetry, warscythe 195
    31 warriors (in three squads, one squad 11 strong) 558
    4 destroyers 200
    5 scarabs 60
    2 tomb spyders (with particle projector)
    monolith
    5 immortals 140

total 1498
    phase out 11

P.S AndEng, you are crazy, the only wat to beat cheese is a cheese grater and my list has 41, 60 million year old cheese graters that will make him like swiss cheese- full of holes.
    I was only half serious...

Any way what is your tactic on his Eldar list?

Do you fire everything you got agenst the WL or how do you kill them?

(Some Necron player have told me that they think WL is really Cheesy... so I like to know how you do it.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

251 (x8)

I know, I was just winding you up....

Anyway, I generally ignore the WL as they are slow and only get my attention if they start starcannoning me, then my destroyers go after them.
    Banshees generally die first if they advance but some players keep the mfor late game counter attack as they are often unwilling to advance into such firepower.

Guardians are the backbone of the army and as they are easily to kill (even with super annoying conceal). The farseer isn't worth worrying about, I just take my lord to him if I get the chance.

The fire dragons generally go down the flanks so I can easily avoid them. The serpents receive gauss cannoning from the destroyers.

When his army practically destroyed I then woory about the WL (if they get within 24" they become target no.1).

thats how I do it anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

I have learned not to fear WL at all. Even with starcannon only 1.5 shots will hit so you'll only lose one model per turn on average and they still have a 50% chance to stand back up again next turn! Jut don't let them get into CC as they will slowly kill any Necron unit.

If your friend is fielding 3 WLs then I would definitely bring the nightbringer and a monolith to the party. Sure your phase-out will be low but you can keep some troops hidden to prevent phase out as the Particle Whip and C'Tan do some serious damage. The C'Tan can take care of the WLs but the wave serpents are another story. I have found a unit of scarabs with D-fields makes short work of them. 30 attacks will be 5 glances on average. Even with the eldar rerolls that's one dead wave serpent. Once the troops try to pile out they're dead too as the tank is swarmed. Can you say "quick 300 victory points"?
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

282 (x5)

edit: the quote
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Outsider
    I know, I was just winding you up....

Anyway, I generally ignore the WL as they are slow and only get my attention if they start starcannoning me, then my destroyers go after them.
    Banshees generally die first if they advance but some players keep the mfor late game counter attack as they are often unwilling to advance into such firepower.

Guardians are the backbone of the army and as they are easily to kill (even with super annoying conceal). The farseer isn't worth worrying about, I just take my lord to him if I get the chance.

The fire dragons generally go down the flanks so I can easily avoid them. The serpents receive gauss cannoning from the destroyers.

When his army practically destroyed I then woory about the WL (if they get within 24" they become target no.1).

thats how I do it anyway.
    sound like a plan to me... so way are there Necron players that scream about WL cheese?
    (ignoring the WL is a god way to go...)

Cant understand way the eldar player puts Guardians in wave serpents. Looks stupid to me.
    Last edited by Zentradi; December 14th, 2005 at 17:21.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast