Starting Orks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Starting Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello.
    I have been playing crimson fists for a while and I intend to keep collecting them but orks seem so tempting to do I think I will collect around 500 Points. Any tips on starting apart from buying a codex? (Going to get payed in a week or so)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

burna boys are your friends i.e burn them then beat them
    big shootas are fun ( ka bloooweee)
    looot ordanace ( whirlwind)
    dont go speed frieks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you talking about ragnar, Speed freaks kick ass!! All your units in Trukks or Looted vehciles? May be expensive cash wise, but will kick ass in any game! As for the starting off thing, go Freebooters first. That way, you can create your own clan color, and use all the Ork units available in your army. Hope you have fun fightin' for da WAAAAAGH!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First figure out which sublist you want to play. Codex Orks are brutal, Feral Orks are more shooty, Speed Freeks are fast. Either way, you should quickly snap up a warboss and two boxes of boyz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All you need for now is a Warboss and Two boxes of Boyz...... Figure out how you want to paint them. Remember, Mean an' Green is da way tah go! WAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can begin with a few simple purchases, Da Ork codex is a good start. Vampiric Drake said it well. One warboss and two boxes of boyz is the standard Ork army start, also the Ork army box is a good starter, as you get anuver box of da boyz, a buggy, truk, and a couple of warbikes ta start ya off on da right foot.

WAAAGH!
    "Da Orks is da best cuz we ar ded ard an killy, mean, green, krumpin machines, hav da most dakka, da stompiest dreads, da shootiest gunz, da biggest bosses, an we uze choppas...WAAAGH!"
    Warlord Hakbash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help guys, freebooters sounds like a good thing to start with, should be fun
    Now to be origonal, instead of the origonal light green orks I was thing of a dark turquoise couler. I probably will end up doing green but hey. . .
    Anyway what do you think of after my codex/warboss/2 box's of boys purchase, what do you think i should get next. I got gorkamorka when it came out so i have some trucks from that, i dont know if they are the right size but i could probably still use them well. I was also thinking of some ard boyz. Please post your comments and thanks for helping

Closed Thread