Noob 1500 pts vs World Eaters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noob 1500 pts vs World Eaters

Hi, I'm not very familiar with Eldar. I just copied some concepts from my friend. I was toying around with a config which I hope can deal with a World Eater army in a Cleanse mission.

Farseer
    Mindwar
    Fortune

10 Guardians
    Waveserpent
    Starcannon for waveserpent

10 Guardians
    Waveserpent

10 Guardians
    Waveserpent

10 Guardians
    Waveserpent

5 Fire Dragons
    Waveserpent
    holo field
    spirit stones

Wraithlord
    Starcannon

Wraithlord
    Starcannon

Wraithlord
    Starcannon

My initial goal is to stand and shoot, let his Blood Frenzy lead him to the Wraithlords; Waveserpents shoot down Berzerkers that Frenzy out of their rhinos; Firedragons, accompanied by Farseer, race towards his heavy support, lessening the hits to Waveserpents. Guardians sit back and try not to be assaulted. Waveserpents bait berzerkers into assaulting them by positioning themselves close.

I'm expecting him to have Feel No Pain, but hopefully the number of starcannons can kill off enough to make his squads at least non-scoring.

Last edited by bluecase; December 14th, 2005 at 05:31.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Please edit your post and remove the point costs for individual upgrades. You can post the total point cost of a unit, but not the individual costs.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -31 (x0)

Wow... I'm so glad we have the army list forum.....
    but anyway, too much anti-infantry, not enough anti-tank....
    too many wraithlords, not enough falcon grav goodness....
    TSg.t Zakarius Clay
    142nd Cadian, Stationed Planet Skyfall B
    4th Brigade, 1st Battalion, 1st Co.
    'The Pathfinders', Drop Team - 6

Pssst.... give me kudos....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by bluecase
    Farseer
    Mindwar
    Fortune
    You need to get some weapons if you plan for fotune to do you any good. I'd suggest dropping Fortune, putting this guy on a bike w/ a Singing Spear or a Witch Blade and using him to snipe aspiring champions and draw beserking beserkers away.

10 Guardians
    Waveserpent

10 Guardians
    Waveserpent

10 Guardians
    Waveserpent

10 Guardians
    Waveserpent
    I understand why you're fielding large numbers of wave serpents, but really, if you want to play a mechanized Eldar Biel-Tan would probably be better, at least then you'd have something worth putting in the Serpents.

5 Fire Dragons
    Waveserpent
    holo field
    spirit stones
    Way too few Fire Dragons to do you any good. Bump it up to 10 or drop it entirely. Also, you can't put holo field on a wave serpent.

Wraithlord
    Starcannon

Wraithlord
    Starcannon

Wraithlord
    Starcannon
    This army list will probably do quite well against World Eaters but horribly against a normal, balanced army.

My initial goal is to stand and shoot, let his Blood Frenzy lead him to the Wraithlords; Waveserpents shoot down Berzerkers that Frenzy out of their rhinos; Firedragons, accompanied by Farseer, race towards his heavy support, lessening the hits to Waveserpents. Guardians sit back and try not to be assaulted. Waveserpents bait berzerkers into assaulting them by positioning themselves close.

I'm expecting him to have Feel No Pain, but hopefully the number of starcannons can kill off enough to make his squads at least non-scoring.[/QUOTE]
    Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, yeah Biel-Tan. Forgot about that. Thanks.

Farseer
    Mindwar

5 Banshees
    Waveserpent
    spirit stones

5 Banshees
    Waveserpent
    spirit stones

5 Banshees
    Waveserpent
    spirit stones

5 Firedragons
    Waveserpent
    spirit stones

5 Fire Dragons
    Waveserpent
    spirit stones

Wraithlord
    Starcannon
    Wraithlord
    Starcannon
    Wraithlord
    Starcannon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

I'd say the squads are too small.

As something to drop, I'd recomend you kill off the Spirit Stones.

Normally they are great of course, but against World Eaters they could be viewed as redundant seeing as they are generally very weak at shooting. I'd drop the Spirit Stones and possibly one of the WLs if you think you'll need more points and try and bump the squads up to 10 each. Even better, if you can get the Exarch with the Executioner...she's a paincake in assault.

Addoran

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Addoran
    I'd say the squads are too small.

As something to drop, I'd recomend you kill off the Spirit Stones.

Normally they are great of course, but against World Eaters they could be viewed as redundant seeing as they are generally very weak at shooting. I'd drop the Spirit Stones and possibly one of the WLs if you think you'll need more points and try and bump the squads up to 10 each. Even better, if you can get the Exarch with the Executioner...she's a paincake in assault.

Addoran
    I want to emphasize this, 5 or 6 strong banshee squads just aren't going to do enough in Assault, as normal banshees need 5's to wound. I know you're trying to maximize the number of star cannons, but really, you don't have to.
    Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you have the perfect anti-infantry attck starcannons make short work even of those heavy armored termis however not enough anti-tank one squad of firedragons are useless thier short ranged and weakly armored try fitting brightlances they will destroy things like rhinos easily especially if twinlinked or on wrathlords try to kill as many as u can if they in those rhinos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

Try mix and matching some other units in their other than going for the complete starcannon solution. While it's great it's also really boring and probably very unfun for the other player. And i also agree with the posts on your anti-tank ability is in lacking.

Mix matching some heavy support platforms, other heavy units other than wraithlord (Warwalkers, falcons, dark reapers.)

Your elites don't always hve to ignor saves, warpspiders with their rapid fireing ability and then jumping back into terrain during assualt is very good, fair enough they get an armour save but still they can fail.

Mindwar is great but if you will find it rare you'll ever kill a character in game, fortune and guide is probably a better choice. Support units like dark reapers or banshees/scorpians, im sure you can work out how.

Anyways, you probably get my point now, find some different solution other than starcannons as it's not the only solution and will probably be more fun
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

+ Reply to Thread