Kroot - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kroot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am starting to collect TAU and I was wondering if kroot were worth the time investing in them. Can they hold their own aganst something like assult marines in CC? Or are they just beefed up guard? I have the tau codex but stats only say so much. I have never seen a battle with them in it.

The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that, you have it made.
    You will live a long full life and gradually decay into a useless blob.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the only reason i can see fielding kroot is to slow the assult of an incoming army. make sure they are 4" away from the rest of your army and let them fight till they die then the other guy sweeping advances and them boom, shoot the hell out of them.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That only works if you die or run on their turn. If you die during your assult phase they will consilidate, move, shoot, and assult your nearest unit.

An appended comment to the earlier question too. I read a battle report of city fight where kroot took down a SM dreadnaught. How did that happen? Is that just rolling 3 6&#39;s in a row? (one to hit back of dread, one to glance armor, one to destroy)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or they could have used a krootox/shot the back of it. was it a Kroot Mercenary army list? If so they can use things like meltaguns and eviscerators (hehe).

Kroot are useful if the terrain is sufficiently forested. A bunch of Kroot camped out in a forest is a real trouble. They shoot pretty well, and even if you can see them they have a good cover save, and they aren&#39;t too shabby in assault. They work the best agains tlightly armored foes (IG, Orks, Tyranids)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need kroot because they are the only unit that can field lots of miniatures. With kroothounds you can field 28 models.

Even so, my 10 kroot squad usually causes more losses trough firing then my firewarriors. Dont ask me why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you put kroot in forests and don&#39;t pay for their save, (so they&#39;re only 7 pts), then they can outshoot firewarriors point for point.

I don&#39;t remember how big the difference is, but as I recall, it was pretty close.

And you can field more than 28 models with the kroot. The kroot carnivores can be in squads as big as 20, and you can have that many of the &#39;other&#39; kroot models as well, making the largest single squad possible 40 models.

I have no idea why you would want such a big unit though. You&#39;ll never fit them all into one forest and they&#39;d be a pain to maneuver around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

making the largest single squad possible 40 models.
    How do you get a kroot squad of 40 mini&#39;s &#33;?

Kroot are good looking, fun to paint, got a lot fo details and are really good in the forest. especialy with the kroot hounds and krootox, they can do a lot of damage, wher the enemy doesn&#39;t want it&#33;

--for the greater good--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by shas@Nov 26 2003, 06:38

How do you get a kroot squad of 40 mini&#39;s &#33;?

Kroot are good looking, fun to paint, got a lot fo details and are really good in the forest. especialy with the kroot hounds and krootox, they can do a lot of damage, wher the enemy doesn&#39;t want it&#33;

--for the greater good--
    Max size for a kroot squad is 20 carnivores. You can take as many hounds or kroot oxen as you have carnivores...

So, 20 carnivores +20 hounds=40 models in a single kroot squad.

Bowling Green State University, OH, U.S.A.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

20 hounds is two and a half full squads&#33; Is it legal to put more than one squad worth of hounds in with the same squad of carnivores? The codex doesn&#39;t seem to disallow it but think of the force organization you&#39;re taking up there (all of your fast attack, in other words), maybe you still want drones or pathfinders? ... just my two cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to the rulebook you can add as many additions to the kroot squad as there are models in the squad to start. So you can add 20 additions to a 20 man kroot squad. Erego you can add more than one squad of any type (2.5 hound squads, or 3 krootox squads and 1 hound squad)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast