Team Up Tyranid - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Team Up Tyranid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Team Up Tyranid

........now ive been doin some thinkin........ ..........what would you think about my tyranid army teamin up with my buddys Ork and Eldar armys in a tourny....................???woudl beple get pissed.......???

Last edited by Holy_Grey; December 16th, 2005 at 17:54.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Holy_Grey
    ........now ive been doin some thinkin........ ..........what would you think about my tyranid army teamin up with my buddys Ork and Eldar armys in a tourny....................???woudl beple get pissed.......???
    I had always wondered where all those periods that are missing from certain posts went off to. I guess we know now.

Clear it up with whomever you're playing first, and there shouldn't be any problem. Sometimes fluff takes a backseat to playability.

On a more serious note - ease up on the periods and use the spell checker. It does not take much effort to type like a normal person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry mister moderator. I enjoy looking sloppy but if this place likes neatness ill give you neatness.

I can probably come up with a pretty good fluff for the army. It may envolve my friends enslaving me though. Nope I dont like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Teamup.

One note. HtH armies teamed up with a shooting army tend to do quite well; for the shooting army. The HtH element takes most of the abuse the enemy is dishing out because they are both easier to shoot and a more immediate threat(Outside of any obvious heavy weapon concentrations in the shooting list).

Expect whichever of your allies that is hanging back and shooting to have a lot more models left at the end of the game than you(Assuming that your Tyranids are going to go in to hth of course.) Not sure if that sort of thing matters of course in the game you are playing, but having been in that situation, it can a bit annoying at the end of the game to see all the congratulations being handed out to the surviving(shooting) list. .

If that bothers you, talk to your potential partners about coming up with a battle plan that works together. If you just want your team to win, forget what I said.
    "No one has a monopoly on wisdom."-S.W.G.

Fluff Master Clan initiate.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."-C.

New 40K missions here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if the enemy just sits and shoots your army to pieces, then you get all of the objectives. sure, the eldar will get the glory, but you will be the one scoring the points. Plus, whenever your guys do reach cc, they will probably tear up the enemy if it is a shooty list, so you might get to do some damage anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tojo
    if the enemy just sits and shoots your army to pieces, then you get all of the objectives. sure, the eldar will get the glory, but you will be the one scoring the points. Plus, whenever your guys do reach cc, they will probably tear up the enemy if it is a shooty list, so you might get to do some damage anyway.

mmm, speaking of Elder i actually teamed with a friend who plays elder. the game went great. however the elder went in and destroyed almost everything...he lost everything except for a unit. then i came( being tired from sitting in the back shooting mines:shifty: ) swarmed and won the game!!!!

my friend didnt like the battle but we won

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imaginge the amount of nasty creatures you can have!!!! Nids can have 6fex's and 2 tyrants (in 1500pts game) and the Eldar player could have avatar and 3 wraithlords. That is one army i would not want to play with. Let the Orks do most of the swarming and fill in any of your extra points with spineguants and you have a very scarry army make-up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when you play a team battle how many turns do you all use? I know that some people mix it up with larger games since it generally means a bigger board, which thus takes longer to cross.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When my friends and I play, we don't go by turns. We go until one side is gone or gives up. Turns limits too many cc armiesfrom being ultimately effective vs. shooting armies IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

take 6 cc fexes. They will not be able to survive. That many fexs is like unstoppable, if given enough time to get into combat.

+ Reply to Thread