Can Anyone Give Me Suggestions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need some good units to use against Tau and Eldar armies , becuase thats what my 2 buds play.

I've heard that Raveners are good , but to what extent?

whats better to use , a CC Hive Tyrant , or a shooty one?

Hormagaunts or Genestealers?
    (Notice how i just left Termies out of there... useless ants... last time i used them the Eldar where cleaning them off of their boots for weeks <_< )

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can tell you lots of &#39;not&#39;s, and perhaps a couple of &#39;do&#39;s, I got my assed kicked and handed to me on a plate by them recently.

Jasper says don&#39;t...

- Bunch your Genestealers in a lovely ordnance-blast-sized package
    - Agree to having very little scenery
    - Underestimate Tau range
    - Underestimate Eldar speed (they FoF too&#33
    - Go for the Wraithlord unless you have to
    - Assume you can hide behind the scenery for most of the battle
    - Forget that Eldar Swooping Hawks, Tau Stealth Teams, can deepstrike (and see above in conjunction with this)
    - Get drawn into any wide open spaces
    - Forget that anything you thought was impossible, has been negated by an Eldar rule of some kind
    - Go for glory and assault the biggest nastiest opponents you can find, just coz you play &#39;nids. ie Don&#39;t attack O&#39;shavah + that Wraithlord for fun

Jasper says do...

- Spread out
    - Make good use of scenery, but don&#39;t hide behind it in fear (they&#39;ll find you..)
    - Give a number of units leaping/wings
    - Get into assault ASAP
    - Take a couple of anti-tank beasties (Tyrant, Fex, Zoanthrope)
    - Take anything with a special rule regarding speed
    - Spend as little time as possible out of CC and in the firing line
    - Win it, for the preservation of your fellow six-legged mutant insects&#33;

Generally assume that I did everything in the first section and should&#39;ve done but didn&#39;t do anything from the second section. Then you get the story of how I lost that battle (picked off one unit a turn by enemy fire, more or less.)

-=Count Jasper=-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Try some frag-armed biovores and several warpblasts. Frag mines can mush troops into the ground with their rare but kick-ass AP4 and warpblast can do this AND take out armoured vehicles. Just hide from railguns and the Avatar, fleet of foot all the time and don&#39;t break cover until you have to.
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Venom cannons, those skimmers are perfect targets. I would have a heavy support warrior squad. Leave the Zoanthoropes and Genestealers at home, they&#39;re for spacemarines, eh? What you REAALLy need to watch for is the Gaurdians, they&#39;re nothing to joke around with, espcially if you&#39;re opponnet takes 64 of them and blasts 128 shots at your assaulting gaunts. Leaping units are the only way to beat out the gaurdians. Raveners, i wouldn&#39;t waste my points there, shooting in general, dont waste your time shooting guardians (they have a +5 invol most of the time, (a warlock power, one of the most useful). Take out bigger stuff with venom cannons, take two flying tyrants to deal with avatars and wraithlords. If they can avoid being assaulted, or out assualt you with strinking scoripions, then i dunno what to do. Fill up your Fast attack with 30 flying rippers, that&#39;s what id do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find Lictors invaluable against Tau and Eldar...if your lucky and get first turn and your opponent has set up big long firebases across his deployment zone just ambush and assualt with your lictors the squads at the front of his army... i have done this against Tau and Eldar, while 1 lictor assualts a squad of 20 guardians... everything behind that squad can&#39;t shoot, so all those expensive dark reapers and bright lances just stand there doin nothing just tie up the front units with your lictors
    let your biovores frag behind the lines ( dont need line of sight ) and laugh as your whole army toodles up the table not getting shot at

be aware eventually people clock on to the lictor tactic...taking warlocks in squads of guardians etc so they can automatically spot the lictor if its within 6 inches

you can combat this in 1 of 2 ways

1/ only take 1 lictor, tell your opponent your taking some lictors....even place 3 lictors by the side of the table in full view...he thinks you have 3 lictors in your army and will start searching all over the table for the hidden deployment
    you know you only got 1 lictor...but as far as i know you dont have to Declare how many your taking, you just have to say you are or are not taking lictors

2/ take three lictors the chances are 1 will get into combat and do its job of holding up a unit

hope this was of help
    Army of the heavens, my army waits in hell
    To battle on the earth, for all the souls who fell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

Against (Dark) Eldar is simple use biovores wiyh poison mines
    Against Tau use lots of grnestelers and mix them wth leapping warriors.The wariors must have pure cc equipment (this mean no ranged weapons go with talons and claws and use any kind of biomophe u like on them - i prefer hooks and implant attack also on talons i have venom sacs).
    MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

Leaping units are the only way to beat out the gaurdians
    This means use leapping warriors bat without ranged weapons.
    Warriors are the "best" leapping unit in tyranid army.&#33;
    MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You think I should use Warriors? Last time Tried that , they got pasted in 2 rounds or so (T4 , 5+Sv? you gotta be kidding...)

And I know that Lictors are useful , they are amongst my favorite units to use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

I personally really like warriors. I used my friends army for a while and I found that a couple squads of three warriors, especially the one&#39;s with wings, are just plain nasty.

If I were to play a Nid army of my own design, then just about all of my big stuff that could take wings would have them. Yeah, wings can&#39;t go into difficult terrain, but big whoop; if they hide something inside of terrain for fear of your winged baddies, then send your Genestealers, Raveners and Carnifex after it.

Always keep the Shoot the Big One&#39;s rule in the back of your mind when making an army list. The way that I would combat this rule is to put everything you possibly can on your Gaunts to make them faster and deadlier in CC. Put these right on the edge of your deployment line and charge like a bat out of hell directly at their troops. When you&#39;ve got a couple of huge blocks of Gaunts knocking on their door the next turn, then they&#39;ve got to make a decision: Shoot the Gaunts that will dice me good next turn, or shoot the Warriors that will be right behind them. This aint always an easy decision for most people.

Personally, tho, I have my own adaptation of STBO rule. I call it STCO, or Shoot the Closest Ones. If you don&#39;t shoot the Nids that are nearest to you, then you&#39;re just gonna be tied up in CC for a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all i have to say is biovores with poison spore they use there targets toughness as the str to wound. thats right 4+ to woud a wraith lord.

and against tua small units.. i use 2-3 6-8man squads of genestealers beaces tua will mop up a 12 man unit in one good shooting phase.

XG

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast