Getting Tatical-Tau Shock Troopers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x2)

Getting Tatical-Tau Shock Troopers

My Tau are going to be tatical, by that i mean im not going sacrafice any units no matter what. I Call the the Voir'la Dragoons. The got sweet Camo armor (very cool). Any ways so far i got Crisis suits ment for Crowd control, large Steath team, 2X Hammerhead with railguns-Burst cannons and missle systems, Kroot, and Frie Warroir squad with devilfish.

Im thinking about putting another 2 more Fire Warroir Squads each with a diferent purpose. Both are going to be Shock Squads, one for Anti-Infantry, and another for Anti Tank. The Kroot are bad at being shock troopers so these are nessasary. The EMP and Photo gernades should not be ingnored and ill will make sure that my troops are well-armed so they can be ready for anything.

As for Gun drones they are percect for flanking Tanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok but how ar you going to make use of those EMP granades? you cant charge out of tanks anymore? but i think the idea seems good. are you going to use som pulse rifles in your squads? i hope you acan equip aan intire squad with them in the new codex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you really want to not lost a single man then i would not use koot as they die so fast. you might want a Boadside as well. Also if you are good then use a Tau Ethereal in the lines of your fireWs.
    The Vespid are coming

With Oden On Our Side... The Doctor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeweaver
    The EMP and Photo gernades should not be ingnored and ill will make sure that my troops are well-armed so they can be ready for anything.

As for Gun drones they are percect for flanking Tanks.
    Yes they should. Grenades on Fire Warriors should always be ignored.:yes:

As for the Drones, they aren't peticularly good at anything, except exsisting. However, they are also annoying as hell. They should be more of an annoyance squad than tank hunter, as your Hammerheads should be able to move to get a good shot on anything. Give the Hammerehads Multi-Trackers, Target Locks, and one of the D one's (I forget which one everyone says to take...I don't take it...don't have the points)

As for the whole "Don't want to lose a man" thing, why are you taking Kroot then? Kroot, while cheap and somewhat effective, WILL die. There's no way around that. Taking them out and adding in more Fire Warriors will greatly increase troop survivability. However, the Fire Power of the Kroot is great, when properly deployed. Stick them in a forest to get them a 4+ Cover save, or stick them behind a +6" thick forest so they can shoot, and have no return fire.
    Half Gods are worshiped with Wine and Flowers. Real Gods are worshiped in Blood.

Blood for the Blood God! Beer for the Bronze Keg!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well you say that drones cant do anything but exist? how can they be anoying then? drones are IMO the best CC unit the TAU have and they are great on taking out tanks.

against eldar you should have a group of 8 DS into his back lines were the dark reapers and snipers are. thaey will kick their ass! ;D

iv only used kroots in rather small units. what size shhould a kroot unit be to survive and/or case any damage??

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Astroth
    well you say that drones cant do anything but exist? how can they be anoying then? drones are IMO the best CC unit the TAU have and they are great on taking out tanks.

against eldar you should have a group of 8 DS into his back lines were the dark reapers and snipers are. thaey will kick their ass! ;D

iv only used kroots in rather small units. what size shhould a kroot unit be to survive and/or case any damage??
    /asroth your pretty smart. i totally agree. The Drones with Carbine of Stength 5 can kill tanks with armor of 10 and 11.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeweaver
    The Drones with Carbine of Stength 5 can kill tanks with armor of 10 and 11.
    Sure they can, but I can think of several weapons (rail guns, missile pods and plasma riffles for starters) that can take out armour 10 & 11 and even higher a good deal easier than a squad of 8 drones.

Don't get me wrong, I love drones and in large games field 2 full squads of 8. They are cheap, JSJ, and annoying as hell to opposing infantry. I find that even experienced players will go after the drones instead of a more tactically important target BECAUSE they are so annoying, which is perfect for my purposes. The twin-linking of their guns effectivly offsets their low BS, and every now and then they actually manage to pin (which is strictly a bonus, not something to count on).
    gurqiw;lkvcxnz.hgqowe;hfnM<C/;aW;PAHGNSWSAQ324jdaqp'eancs

With Oden On Our Side... The Doctor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

I perfer 6 Stealth Suits dropping in and unloading on the back of tanks. Then, when they blow one up, half the army can't see them.

Gun Drones aren't good at anything really, since anything they could bring down, so could a Fire Warrior. They don't have the AP to take down most troops easily like Ions, Plasma, and Fusion, and thier CC ability is that of a banana. However, since they are 96 points for a full squad, they are perfect for sending on "suicide" missions up the flank. You use them to shoot at the enemy units that can see more expensive things, like your Hammerhead. If they ignore you, you continue to hit them, and they start falling. If they shoot at the Drones, then the Hammerhead is safe for another turn.
    Half Gods are worshiped with Wine and Flowers. Real Gods are worshiped in Blood.

Blood for the Blood God! Beer for the Bronze Keg!

+ Reply to Thread