strike force or regular ulthwe' - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

strike force or regular ulthwe'

this is pretty straight forward which is better?

also why do we have to pay for the wraithgate and if we refuse can we use list without it?

"take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

I've played both before, i'd say that the wraithgate is far more fun and challenging, but it's limited to how many ways you can play it. Since you loose alot of the heavy stuff you get in a regular ulthwe (Wraithlords, falcons, wave serpents, only 1 aspect unit allowed etc) you can't rely on them to hold something which needs holding, but pretty much then entire army has Bs4 which is a great bonus ^^

As far as i know you do have to make an army with a wriathgate in it though not a seer council like the regular army.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i can get my hands on the codex i was thinking of 2 units of 16 black defenders wih starcannons warlocks conceal and 3 faseers with fortune that should keep the bulk alive until rest of force arives
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey does anyone know of a site wherei can download it?

Hai
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just buy the Eye of Terror codex....
    Favourite Army: Eldar
    Currently Working on: Ulthwe Strike Force
    Currently Using: Saim Hainn Wild Riders
    Win Record: 13/9/4
    - Sigh. Entered a games night tournament with my new 1000 pt Ulthwe Strike Force and got obliterated. So many marines these days with heavy bolters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regular.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

If you are just starting out I strongly recommend you to play regular Ulthwé first, the Strike Force requires a lot of experience in my... experience. :wacko:

Or maybe I just want to keep people from playing it so I can have a rare army. :shifty:
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x3)

Regular.

I find that USF doesn't fair well vs these 4th.. edition army's....and especially... necrons.. they get totally toasted..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regular.

I find that USF doesn't fair well vs these 4th.. edition army's....and especially... necrons.. they get totally toasted..
    I've been playing USF since the eye of terror but last month switched to regular and have to agree with you.
    Not sure if they do just struggle without the vehicles, 4th edition armies or are just plain hard to play! At the last tourny I went to, 5 eldar armies all uthwe...that in itself says something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

USF is harder to win with as you tend to have a one turn strike where you either win or loose, so in other words very hit or miss, without the kind of heavy armour being able absorb some of the return fire after the strike the force tends to fall to peices if it doesnt deal enough damage. But hey its more of a challenge on eldar players, people who rely heavily on wraithlords and falcons etc. won't fair well with this type of army but it's a nice choice for some of the more expericenced players.

Regular.

Hmmmm im not sure if this is completely true, i have fought these armies and have still found both to be equally match against each other. There isn't anything special in 4th edition that would make the strike force any horrendously less effective.
    Last edited by Heiromyo; December 28th, 2005 at 14:27.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast