Webway Portal -- how to deploy in Cleanse? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

3 (x1)

Webway Portal -- how to deploy in Cleanse?

if the mission was Cleanse:

1) How far away can a unit be deployed from the edge of the blast marker?

2) If units need to be in contact with the edge of the marker:

2a)should all models in a unit be base-to-base with the edge of the marker, or do I only need 1 model in the unit to be base-to-base with the marker?

2b) what if I had just teleported a lot of units, and I still have units to deploy, but I can't place models in base to base contact with the marker anymore because it's already completely surrounded by the units that came first?

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

42 (x2)

Double check the wording but I think it says they come on like reserves, meaning treat the wwp as a table edge and measure movement from there. You don't actually place the models down and then move them as that would give you an extra base worth of 'movement'. Instead you measure movement first from the edge of the wwp (as if it were the table edge) and then place the models.
    Note that if the enemy can surround the portal in btb contact then you can't bring through any troops. I think there was a debate about whether or not skimmers would be affected by this rule. Again refer to the exact wording in the codex. (unfortunately I don't have it on me).
    War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

+ Reply to Thread