2 LRC in 850pts! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 LRC in 850pts!

I recently had the honor of defeating 2 Wraithlords in an 800pts game but a new guy in town has 2 LRC in his 850pts list! I was whiped out in turn 3 unable to kill a single enemy model. I've seen worse games being played with 2nd turn victories with similar onesidedness but never has it happend to me.

His list:

HQ:

Captian = 94pts
    - Storm Bolter and CCW
    - Iron Halo, Auspex and Frag Grenades

Troops:

6 Space Marines = 110pts
    - 5 Bolters and Plasma Cannon

6 Space Marines = 110pts
    - 5 Bolters and Plasma Cannon

Heavy Support:

Land Raider Crusader = 265pts

Land Raider Crusader = 265pts

Total: 844pts

How are orks supposed to counter that kind of Anit-Infentry power at this level of points. Even though the LRCs only have 24'' range they still both fired twice before I could have gotten them with my Power Klaws, Tankbusta Bombs or Super Stikkbombz. The fact that the 2 Sqauds with Plasma Cannons were covering the LRC as they advanced didn't help.

My Tankbustaz and boyz with Rokkits in normal sqauds can't hit often enough to cause enough damage to two LRC to beat them, the closet I got was a Immobilized on my 2nd turn. After Christmas I'll have 3 Killer Kanz, I dont even think that they will make a differnce though becuase the number of rending shots the LRCs get.

I dont want to just "Don't play them cause they only care about winning" with this person, me and my freinds are bent on defeating him. Sure we could get the "Fancy Pants" or the Dark Eldar Master to face this guy but that would not be us beating him. I could also use my Necrons vs. him but that would not prove anything since that would be "stooping to his level" if I feilded 6 Scarab Swarm Bases with disruption feilds ageinst him so its only a last resort.

Any suggestions and tactics for Orks, Tau, Dark Angels, Daemon Hunters or Biel Tan in games from 850-1000pts?

PS: The Biel Tan player only has access to 2 Bright Lances, one on one of their Vipers, one on their Falcon.

Last edited by Osaria; December 24th, 2005 at 01:37.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

Simply take anything with good armour (battlewagon). He can't hurt it unless he's 24" close (only Multi-Meltas and Plasma guns), so long pot shots will cause havoc.

Orks: Looted Basilisks/Russes anyone?

Tau: Broadsides, and Railheads, suiside suits

Dark Angles: Lascannon Squads, sitting back and sniping. Also Predators, with all Lascannon Sponsoons and turret.

Beil-Tan: Infiltrating Scorpians w/ Haywire Grenades. Owend. Bright Lance Falcons are also good.

Deamon Hunters: Beat him at his own game. 2 minimal ST squads, 1 GM, 2x LRC

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by Lord Yossanrion; December 24th, 2005 at 01:46.
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the first option would be to cry CHEESE, slap him round the face a few times, and run out the store before he realises what's happened. With his landraiders.

Assuming that's not a viable option, make sure there's enough cover. If he has two tanks, he should have very little anything else which means if you use cover right, you should be able to sneak up trukkboyz or something without too much difficulty. In fact, KoS would be a very good idea- three dethkoptas with supa stikkbombz would really lay down the hurt, as would multiple tankbusta and trukk boyz units.

The amount of terrain you should have is 25% of the board covered. That is an awful lot, and two thirds of it should block line of sight. (either impassable or forests) It doesn't sound like much, but if you push it all into one corner you would be surprised.
    ROIGHT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the table we played on there little terrain (well to little to hide a unit of 24 boyz anyway). It is a 5ftx5ft sand/rocky desert table. One end is raised about 3'' more than the other with a rock cliff with only 2 passes up. The only thing large enough to block line of site of an Ork mob is being 5'' from the cliff and them being more than 5'' back from the edge, keep in mind this table was designed for WHFB so its lack of terrain makes sense, it was the only table avilable to play for atleast 40minutes.

Because he started on top he started 12'' in and moved 6'' to the nearest parts of the legde to each LRC. His plasma fire forced me forwards to try an take things out rather than sitting back with my BS making potshots at his tactical squads so I was forced into LRC range.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well tbh you dont really have much of a chance on a table like that. You start a full foot further back than you should, meaning you have further to go. You have a foot less manouvering space, so you're more bunched up. There's very little terrain to provide cover, so you can't use it strategically. There are even very limited lines of movement into his units, so he can funnel you into one place and lay down crusader fire.

Get a better table, and the result might be quite different... also, take more speedy things, like I said before.
    ROIGHT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can't...look...so much...cheese...
    How many Inquisitors does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Three,
    one to screw it in, one to outlaw lightbulbs, and one to deny lightbulbs ever existed.

-Proud creator of the Sons of Omnissiah
    -Kroot pluralized is Kroot, if you say Kroots, you irk me!

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take a looted Russ and open up on his marines. You may not pierce the LRC's, but atleast you remove some bodies from what can shoot at you.

With those out the way he has 2 LRCs at a whopping 530 points...Bombs/krak/etc will take care of that. Sit your russ in his firing lane and the only thing you have to worry about is a rending shot from one of the ACs. Then you rush him. maybe use a grot screen to give you a bit more survivability if you have to foot it. The russ won't put holes in the armour by it's self (usually) but you can still give it a shot.

Basically isolate the two of them by killing the marines. After that it's purely 30vs1..Eventually the LRC will go down. Maybe even to a lucky burna hit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I typed up a large responce but my computer IE crashed and it got deleted. I have proxied Warbuggies/Wartraks on this table and they have been effective at taking and holing the passes from both sides but they are useless on the 2 City, Jungle and Volcano tables I play on so its not worth the dollar amount since they (and any vehicles) are easy targets in cities (one isn't ruined so there is alot of 4+ and 3+ cover for Lascannon sqauds and the like) The jungle tables has like 60-80% terrain minium on it so Lacking LOS makes them usless and the vocanic table sometimes requires more than one difficalt terrain test per movment phase for a single Warbuggies/Wartraks.

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

Don't forget that the LRC has a Multi-Melta as well as the Assault Cannon. ^_^
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the many reasons why the force organization chart for warhammer 40k should be changed. It should be more like it's fantasy counterpart.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast