best way of painting ork flesh - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

best way of painting ork flesh

i was wondering if anyone new any realy good ways to pain ork flesh mine is painted firstly catachan green then layerd scorpion green i like the look of that but i would like to hear others opinions on the perfect orky flesh:w00t: thanku

Last edited by gecko8940k; December 25th, 2005 at 17:15.
    dreaming of screaming, someone kick me out of my mind i hate these thoughts i cand deny

one by one the penguins are taking my sanity

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

Depends on what kind of ork you want, age and experience being the prime factors; the darker the ork skin, the older/harder they tend to be.

For my normal boyz I do a basecoat of Snot Green over black spray, with Green Ink applied to the muscle and face creases, and then drybrush Goblin Green highlights on it. Older orks I shift one green darker; Dark Angels Green highlighted with Snot Green. Younger orks or grots and it's Scorpion Green highlighted with Goblin Green.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like that idea will try it on a boy to see if its betta than mine in my opinion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x3)

Well, I give mine just a go with Flesh Wash over a Goblin Green base skin. this gives'em a slightly brownish green which I quite like.

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x4)

I give mine a total layer of dark angels green, then drybrush goblin green on that. I then use dark green ink, before doing a very light drybrush of goblin green again.

For 'arder boys I leave the last part out, and just have it green inked, so it just looks darker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x6)

As my fantasy army is green (Sprayed Black,Dark Angels Green, Goblin Green Highlights, Bleached Bone, Light Highlights) my 40K army is Blue (Sprayed Boltgun Metal, Regal Blue, Ice Blue Highlights, Rotting Flesh Light Highlights). I found the Blue actually turned out really well, and for Ard boys I added a 50/50 wash over top of Blue ink/water.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i use dark angels, then DA with snot, then snot, then snot with goblin, then goblin....sometimes goblin with some scorpion. it takes some time but the graduation of color really looks great.

+ Reply to Thread