is without number worth it? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is without number worth it?

i just wanted to know if without number special rule for guants is worth it, (cant say anything about it but rules on pg40 of codex) personally i think its crp as its tomany points on a guant andin my view unless the brood is wiped out extremely early on in a normal 6 turn game its pointles as its deployment rules are so stupid, but please say whether you like the rule or not and why obviously refering to rule and no saying it because of stupid copyrights

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x4)

Without Number=infinite victory points for you opponents. They could spend the entire game just killing your guants and moving away from your angry stuff, and win since they killed the same squad 5 times.
    My gaming group's new motto: That army you're using is overpowered because it hurts my guys, codex is broken and needs a rewrite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

In friendly games or such it might be usefull but it's a big NO NO for tournaments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like WO because its help ful to my army and realy i know how to own with gaunts!
    but if its kill n destroy and you have unstoppable synapse then i would go for it i just use it for fun and annoying my opponits and dose it say how many times they come back? i only think one..but still its fun and annoying to the opponit...(dont tell him you have WO) unless you have to the he will be like "I DESTROYEd 15 TerMaGaunTs!WOOT!!(5 seconds later)WHAT THE HELL why are you putting them back on?!(sob,Sob Cry)*WAHHHHHHHHHH*"
    i did that once and he started crying because it was a megabattle and i was forced into enemy lines for comeing in a bit late and i killed like 2 termanators..had to roll a lot of sixes...(well the staff member running the Mega battle told me i did) and with the rest of them he vaporisied my 15 gaunts then they came back and he actualy say

"I DESTROYEd 15 TerMaGaunTs!WOOT!!(5 seconds later)WHAT THE HELL why are you putting them back on?!(sob,Sob Cry)*WAHHHHHHHHHH*"

It was Funny crap because stright after a hammer head killed his termanators and he had to go and its even better that the hammer head would of only beaten 3 not the other 2!!I did good with gaunts and with out number so only use em in Fun games and non Vivtory points game.
    No sig required.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

You do know that they only come back if the whole brood is destroyed right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes..is there a part where it says differntly or are you even talking to me :/
    No sig required.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in a 6 turn game againt say space marine army with only a few lascannons and normal bolter marines, isnt it crp as if the bolters kill the squad in 3rd or 4th turn it means they will not be able to do really anything as there wont be enough turns to get in cc or shoot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No...it's not worth it. You can almost buy 2 more squads of gaunts for the total price of that ability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, if the main brunt of your army is up the table already, the gaunts would have to come in at your table edge, out of synapse range... and just sit their and lurk. I think its pointless to have this, as mentioned, for the points that you waste on this ability you could just take more broods of gaunts to being with

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngelX
    Also, if the main brunt of your army is up the table already, the gaunts would have to come in at your table edge, out of synapse range... and just sit their and lurk. I think its pointless to have this, as mentioned, for the points that you waste on this ability you could just take more broods of gaunts to being with
    Codex page 28

"If you want to move that brood [one out synapse] that turn for any reason, it must take a leadership test at the start of its movment phase. If this is failed, the brood will fall back as it had failed a morale test..."

"Tyranids always fall back towards the nearest synapse creature if possible."

Unless the board is very small you won't get them back in play in time to be effective. You could use them for last turn quarter grabs or devourer gaunts may be effective quicker.

+ Reply to Thread