Hello! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello!

Hello Everyone, I am new here... well sort of. But, what I would like to do is start my own Dark Eldar Army. But, I really don't know what to get. My friends and I really only play 1000 pts armies so I was wondering if any Veteran Dark Eldar players could help me get a list together and possibly tell me what to buy. i really only have about 200 bucks maybe 300 to spend, so I was wondering If i could get a price range as well in my price range? Is it possible or not? Thanks in advance for your time.:yes:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x3)

a cheap army? righty, the easiest way would probably be to get an all warrior/raider/ravagar army + something else to get some painting releif.

you will rarely need anything else in a 1000pts game.

i usually run Archon - Punisher/t-helm/drugs/shadowfield and sometimes the animus vitae + sybareite with either punisher/t-helm or agoniser/splinter pistol + some meat(warriors).
    these are mounted on a raider.

the rest of the force generally consists of 1 sniper squad(10 warriors with 2 dark lance), 2-3 raider squads(equiped the same as above cept no archon), 1-2 ravagers and then whatever you might fancy :ninja:

My current(and very succesful 1000pts list): the only difference from the list in the link is that the ravagers doesnt have nightshields and the raiders have horrorfexes + some extra warriors... but the list gives you an idea of a cheap 1000pts army.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ad.php?t=49924 (1000pts of Dark Eldar!)

cheers dancey!
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for small games, warriors are the way to go... danceman's list looks good

i think 1 or 2 of the battle force set is usually a good place to start... it comes with warriors, raider, and some jetbikes... u might need to get 1 more raider, 2 ravagers, and maybe some warriors...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks very much Danceman and Warsmith, so would this be less than 300 bucks or more...:wacko:

Hmm.. I have been reading about Harlaquins, and II think I might convert some Dark eldar and convert them. Or I might just buy the older models....
    What do you think is better Danceman? Harlequins or Dark Eldar?
    Last edited by Caluin; December 30th, 2005 at 16:43.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Joker_Of_Hearts
    Hmm.. I have been reading about Harlaquins, and II think I might convert some Dark eldar and convert them. Or I might just buy the older models....
    What do you think is better Danceman? Harlequins or Dark Eldar?
    if you like some of the harlequin models i dont see why not to buy em but converting them is alot of fun in itself so its up to you what you prefer.

DE or Harlies... tough question but i think i´ll have to go with Dark Eldar here. Dark Eldar always will be my primary army due to its rather unique style and its always fun to be the underdog army when people go on and on "omfg lolz DE r teh suck" and give them a royal arsewooping.

...and you can always include harlequin characters/units as elites and slowly build up a little harlequin warband who eventually turns into an army in itself.

cheers dancey!
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think you can take harlies in a DE army.

if so take a solitare :yes: and 3 death Jesters :yes: and shadow Seer with river blade and d field and fusion pistol :yes: but thats just me...
    do gods exist in this world? or did man just made god in his image? if you do not agree answer this, why do we portrait gods as humans? why do our gods look like us? if gods are mighty and powerful then why do they look like the weak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by ReaverRider
    i think you can take harlies in a DE army.

if so take a solitare :yes: and 3 death Jesters :yes: and shadow Seer with river blade and d field and fusion pistol :yes: but thats just me...
    actually that is a horrible idea.

you also have to spend 120-160 on a HQ, solitaire ends up around 140pts, 3 DJs 150 minimum and the shadowseer at 120-150pts.

So we´re looking at around 500-600pts(more half of the army) spent in 6 fragile models... without any transport or support at all. Your army wouldnt even reach the other side of the board against an experienced player.

you would probably be better of with just the solitaire + a venom. Its not like Dark Eldar needs the heavy weapon support of the DJs.

cheers dancey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. I have been doing some research and I think Harlequins seem more interresting and fun for me lol. ill go check out a Harlequin army list, but have any ideas?

(I think painting the Harlequins seem more fun, and Also their strategy seems advanced as well.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Joker_Of_Hearts
    Hmm. I have been doing some research and I think Harlequins seem more interresting and fun for me lol. ill go check out a Harlequin army list, but have any ideas?

(I think painting the Harlequins seem more fun, and Also their strategy seems advanced as well.)
    indeed they are and since you wont have so much models you devote more attention to each model.
    keep in mind though that the harlequins are a very tough army to master, even more so that dark eldar.

but whichever path you might choose both armies are fun fun fun :w00t:

As for harlequin lists, go to the Eldar section(harlequin lists are posted in "Eldar Lists").
    Harlies also have their own subforum which you can choose when you enter the Eldar forum.

cheers dancey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have lol. you have been missing out on the fun! Anyways... Yeah I want an army that takes mastery... Nids to me don't seem as strategy (even though there is alot) neither do the guard. (I mean there is alot of sitting and defending....) I want an army where you need to move constantly and always think on your toes if you wish to win the battle instead of who has more people or "I have alot more where that came from" after they have killed like 15 of my guys.

IDK. I want something with OOOMPH! to it. Something that takes time... fun to play and paint (Something unique like Harleys. I can never decide on one paint scheme for an army!:w00t: ) So I think the Harleys will finally fufill My army needs. No more buying tons of models when you have an army to settle down and play with. Its a money saver... in a way. (Accept each model i belive cost like 3 + dollars. Not to mention the ordering.) But I will take my time painting and have fun playing as them. Hopefully they will be it for a while.

+ Reply to Thread