How to convert Nobs? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to convert Nobs?

Well i play my boyz but i dont have any nobz and i dont want to spend 10 bucks for one. I have 13 unassembled boyz, is it possibly to assemble a converted nob from those peices?

“Krump first, assk qweztions neva'!"- 3000 Orks
    5/4/2
    Dark Eldar- 1500 1/0/0
    "the very gods for vengeance cry”- 3000 Dwarves
    3/1/1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

You could but it is very difficult, the nob is a larger model that a normal plastic boy, you need to really beef it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Difficult, schmifficult. I converted all of my nobs from normal boys- the nob squad is such a ripoff.

Basically, I got by the logic that nobs need to stand out from the rest of the mob. Greenstuff is your friend here- big horns can add up too a centimetre to the hight. I base mine on a few lego bricks superglued to the base, disguised with fake grass or similar. Give them personality with extra weapons, fashion a powerklaw for them- just make sure it's big and noticeable. I modified on eof my nobs by making him hold a warbike, a whole warbike, as a powerfist. It makes him impossible to not notice, looks great and my opponents love it
    ROIGHT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Artful use of plasticard on the boots, torso, and shoulders will also make your boy stand out as a nob. GSing a cape only improves the illusion.
    By the way, a good possibility for you would be to get the Big 'un sprue for WHFB. I've seen it used for skarboyz, so a little bit of extra work would make it work well as a nob if you're short on cash. You also get plenty of extra gubbinz and I think two additional ork figures that you can further convert to swell your ranks.
    "Some days you're the Mekboy building the kannon, the rest you're the grot being blown up by it."
    - Quote attributed to Sorkrates, before his much mourned death due to ingestion of Hemsquig Juice.

"Dis iz my choppa, and herez me gun. Dat's for killin' and so'z dis one!"
    - Bloodaxe Kommando Warchant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

I'd really like to see that bike toting nob darkhand. Sounds fairly awsome.
    As for making Nobs, it's fairly easy. Just throw on some more junk than all the other boyz and make them from the stand out.
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

+ Reply to Thread