Harlequin List 1000 pts... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harlequin List 1000 pts...

ok, i am just thinking of a list for 1000 pts. Since that is mostly what my friends and I play. I will be using the EO rules so i hope no one gets angry.

1 Shadow Seer
    D-Field, Harlequins Kiss, Fusion Pistol, Powerblades, Plasma Grenades

1 Solitair
    Harlequins Kiss, Neuro-Disruptor, D-Field, Dread Mask, Plasma Grenades, Phase Field, Power Blades, Shuriken Pistol, Bioexplosive Ammo.

3 Death Jesters
    (3x) Brightlancers
    (3x) D-Fields
    (3x) Phase fields

Harlequin Troupe
    9 Harlequins
    (2x) Harlequin Kiss
    (2x) Fusion pistol
    (2x) Plasma Grenades
    Troupe Leader
    D-Field
    Harlequin Kiss
    Neuro-Disruptor
    Power Blades
    Shuriken Pistol
    Bio Explosive Ammo
    Power Blades

about 961 pts.

Now... What I am thinking is that I pimped out to many points to just the troops and units in gerneral because it comes up to 15 harlequins...:wacko:
    I was just wondering If you guys can help me BIG TIME on this because I know I probably did this wrong and I probably should have had more cheaper units?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited by Joker_Of_Hearts; December 30th, 2005 at 03:31.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well in my IMO I would never give my death jesters anything ...just a brightlance, d-fields are super expensive and u can usually get to everything without the phase field after all the jesters are to take out tanks mainly then CC. Remember they are ICs so you can pretty much keep them alive all game shooting those brightlances (if you position them wisely near your troupes and/or allies).

I never take a troupe leader they just suck up a ton of points you can use on something else and I don't give Harle kisses to anyone but my heros. Anything with a high toughness that requires a kiss the Shadow Seer or the Solitaire can get too in no time (especially with the phase field). definitly drop that troupe leader with all that equipment... You should be keeping your Shadow Seer with the troupes so you can get that veil of tears going, that has save my Harles so many times. the Shadow Seer is the only hero you will need in the troupe. Use all those extra points for more harles, remember the less troupes you have the easier it will be for your enemies to target all your ICs and kill them fast...even las guns dont have problems killing Harles Oh yah I think you have to have at least 2 troop slots filled in a basic army list, you only have 1.

I never use the dread mask cause I fight SM way too much and its alot of points. Plus the solitaire usually kills almost a whole unit when he gets into combat within 1-2 turns.

Neuro-Disruptors are awesome..I can almost kill 1-2/3 of a squad with that thing before I even charge it...I would keep that on your solitaire for sure...or even on your Shadow seer as well.

I hope that helps, thats all from my real game experience with my Harles. i still havent built my venom yet...I'm sure that thing would help alot in a 1000pt harle list.
    Last edited by designer891; December 30th, 2005 at 06:05.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help. Here is my new list.

1 Shadow Seer (190)
    D-Field, Harlequins Kiss, Fusion Pistol, Power Blades, Plasma Grenades, Phase Field, Neuro-Disruptor

1 Sollitair (183)
    D-Field, Harlequins Kiss, Neuro-Disruptor, Plasma Grenades, Phase Field, Power Blades, Shuriken Pistol, Bioexplosive Ammo

(3x) Death Jesters (171)
    (3x) Brightlances

9 Harlequin Troupes (227)
    Plasma Grenades

9 Harlequin Troupes (227)
    Plasma Grenades

------------------------------------------
    Comes to a total of 998 PTS total.

I think this is a much better list for Harleys and also from your help. So thank you. And any Changes should I make?
    (BTW, My friends usually let like a 10 - 20 pts over or under extra so if I can fit something else in there... then. Lol. Just a thought)

BTW, should I subtract some stuff for Bikers, Venom, Walker, or Should I include Mimes? I really want the best out of this list and I was wondering if anything would be better... This does give me about 23 Harlies so I think that is abit more than my previous list.)
    Last edited by Joker_Of_Hearts; December 30th, 2005 at 07:44.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never play with the extended Harle rules with mimes and wraithlords. If your friends let you play with those definitly take the Harle wraithlord with a d-cannon. I just don't play with those lists (They don't seem right..death jesters with hawk talons ect.) so I can't tell you what to take..but the mimes and wraithlord look really great on papper..i mean a wraithlord with a holofield and a D-cannon for like 140pts can't be a bad thing.

Your army list looks way better now. I would drop the Shadow seer's fusion pistol, the neuro is far better has a flame template (auto hitting) and automaticly does a D3 on glancing for tanks. Use the points from the fusion pistol and anything else you can spare to get your troupes some power weapons and your set.

Good luck, it's a hard list to win with if the other player knows Harles well. But I have creamed many people who don't know what they are about and let me get too close. Now I pretty much just use eldar with Harle allies, Harles are more balanced that way IMO.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Personally, in a 1000 pt. game I'd get rid of a Death Jester (three is too many for 1000 points) and get rid of the Solitaire, and try to get as many more normal Troupers as you can. By dropping the Solitaire and one Death Jester, you can get another full Troupe upgraded exactly as your other two; and you still have some points leftover if you want to include some Power Weapons or Harlequin's Kisses, etc.

Also, when it comes to pistols on characters and such, I generally tend to just give them a cheap Shuriken Pistol; in most cases, you'll be wanting to use Fleet anyways, especially if you're close enough to charge, etc. And especially, even more, with the Solitaire; the Fleet will win you more attacks when you get into CC.

I generally use EO (EldarOnline) rules, so my own lists are usually different from most of the lists around. Most Harlie lists, when using normal GW lists, are.. well. Like Necron lists. There's only so much you can have and still be effective, so most lists look very much the same.

In the end, though, the list isn't bad, but I think it's relying a bit too much on the Solitaire and Shadow Seer.. what if the Solitaire dies? etc. etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Lost Nemesis on everything but the not taking a Solitaire.

My Solitaire usually dishes out 200-500pt worth of damage a game. You should be able to get him into CC by turn 2 at the least. You just got to place him well (in cover is great since he gets no movement penalties). He easily does more damage then a troupe of guys. Not to mention once the Solitaire eats up a squad or 2 your enemy is so focused on him your other units start to shine. It's all about charging the right unit that is close to other units and making sure nobody can shoot him the first turn or 2. If your playing against Tau he is a MUST for a harlequin player IMO.

You need something to get into CC fast and the Solitaire is the only one who can do it, unless u pay the points for jet bikes (even then they are slower then the solitaire). If you dont get something into CC within turn 2 or so in a 1000pt game the enemy can wipe your whole army with just bolters/las guns whatever...they will have a lot more shots then you have troops.

You could get rid of 1 jester..personally I only use 2 also, but thats main cause I only have 2 painted as of now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ACH!!!

I just changed my list to the previous post... I got rid of some troupes and put in a wraithlord.... I Don't know what to do!:cry: :cry: :cry:

List:
    1 Shadow Seer (173)
    D-Field, Harlequins Kiss, Shuriken Pistol, Power Blades, Plasma Grenades, Phase Field, Neuro-Disruptor

1 Solitair (183)
    D-Field, Harlequins Kiss, Neuro-Disruptor, Plasma Grenades, Phase Field, Power Blades, Shuriken Pistol, Bioexplosive Ammo

(3x) Death Jesters (171)
    (3x) Brightlances

6 Harlequin Troupes (164)
    Plasma Grenades
    (2x) Power Weapons

6 Harlequin Troupes (164)
    Plasma Grenades
    (2x) Power Weapons

Wraithlord (125)
    D-Cannon
    ---------------------------------------

I will modify it, but I need help because I am going to order and buy the models tomorrow lol. So I want to know what to get atleast... a bare minimum....

Ill post another list later as I edit the message. Or if you speak sooner I will post under what you have said.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Revised:
    1 Shadow Seer (173)
    D-Field, Harlequins Kiss, Shuriken Pistol, Power Blades, Plasma Grenades, Phase Field, Neuro-Disruptor

1 Solitair (183)

(2x) Death Jesters (114)
    (2x) Brightlances

6 Harlequin Troupes (177)
    Haywire Grenades
    (2x) Power Weapons
    Troupe Leader

6 Harlequin Troupes (176)
    Haywire Grenades
    Power Weapon
    Harlequins Kiss
    Troupe Leader

6 Harlequin Troupes (177)
    Haywire Grenades
    (2x) Power Weapons
    Troupe Leader

------------------------------------------
    Comes to a total of 1000 PTS total.

This is for more troupes. I now get 6 more harlequins but I drop a Death Jester and the Wraithlord. I also don't know if I should put in Harlequins Kiss in each so have it a:
    "6 Harlequin Troupes (163)
    Plasma Grenades
    Power Weapon
    Harlequins Kiss"

Should I do that to one??? All??? I don't know lol.
    Last edited by Joker_Of_Hearts; December 31st, 2005 at 09:06.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to much points on your soltiare, keep it cheap. just have distortion field, harlequins kiss/river blade, maybe power blades, shurieken pistol and plasma grenade.

and with the remaining points get more troupes
    do gods exist in this world? or did man just made god in his image? if you do not agree answer this, why do we portrait gods as humans? why do our gods look like us? if gods are mighty and powerful then why do they look like the weak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -26 (x0)

Here is my 2 cents worth:
    Shadowseer 50, Familiar Group 65(4 Familiars)*, Veil of tears 15,
    misdirection 15, Neuro Disruptor 20, CC Wpn - 165
    F/A Jetbikes 1 ldr 60, shuriken pistol 2, CC Wpn,(5) Jetbike Troupes 225, Shuriken Pistols w/Bioexplosive ammo 30-319
    also your jetbikes are all armed w/twin linked shuriken catipults.
    H/S (3) Death Jesters 141, (2) eldar missile(Krak), (1) Bright Lance-181, Powerblades-181
    Troupes-Troupe Warlock 42, Shuriken Pistol, CC Wpn, (9) Troupes 225, 2 Harlequins Kiss and Fusion Pistol26, (6) Shuriken Pistol and CC Wpn, all with Tanglefoot Grenades 40-333 for a total of: 998 points.
    Keep your shadowseer with your troupe, along with your death jesters behind other models as they can not be independantly targeted. Also, since your familiars allow you to use both psyker abilities simultaneously and gives your shadowseer +1 A, +1 WS, and far reach(2x distance on psyker powers), this makes your troupe hard to see or assault, much less hit. Time your move to where your fast attack hits the enemy unit from the flank simultaneously with your troupes at the othr side of them, use terrain to your advantage it is your best friend. Your warlock allows your troupes, not him or any other ind char attached, +1 attack ea when charging, combined with cuttin in half your opponents initiative w/tanglefoot grenades you will devistate them.
    These are as per 40K 4th edition revised Harlequin codex available online @ eldaronline.com. this makes for an army of 20 figures on the table. see how this works for you. Please let me know what you think.
    Last edited by cirquemeter; January 5th, 2006 at 09:27.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cirquemeter,

I think Joker_Of_Hearts is trying to put to get a list based on the unofficial GW Harle rules not the EO rules.

Joker_Of_Hearts, I like your revised list...maybe get rid of one of the nuero disrupters if you need extra points. I don't know about other Harle players but the disrupters almost always make thier points back for me and then some, of course as long as your IC doesn't get killed in the first or second turn. I would drop bio amo from the shirken pistol though, a harle kiss will do the job and so would the disruptor now thinking about it.

Sorry I forgot ... I would change out those Haywire Grenades for Plasmas for 2 or all of those squads. The distruptors and jesters should be enough to hurt tanks. Unless you play against necron monoliths alot.
    Last edited by designer891; January 5th, 2006 at 20:22.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast