Painting aspect warrior questions. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -31 (x0)

Painting aspect warrior questions.

Howdy guys,
    I'm making a pseudo-biel tan army, but instead of green, my guys are firery orange (yes, shoot me please). So, I have some striking scorpions, that I am painting up, they are mostly orange, except the little tabs on their boots, and their helmets, which are the green of the scorpions. So, I think I have that down.
    But what about warp spiders? I don't even know what their colors are, they aren't in the book. I was also wondering, if anyone has a good way to paint the death spinners, so that they look good, without spending 15 minutes doing wet blending on each gun...

So, I don't know if I want to paint my warp spiders orange, because I think that would ruin their general airs.... Maybe the will be black and red and silver like usual.

TSg.t Zakarius Clay
    142nd Cadian, Stationed Planet Skyfall B
    4th Brigade, 1st Battalion, 1st Co.
    'The Pathfinders', Drop Team - 6

Pssst.... give me kudos....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    282 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhagadurn
    Howdy guys,
    I'm making a pseudo-biel tan army, but instead of green, my guys are firery orange (yes, shoot me please). So, I have some striking scorpions, that I am painting up, they are mostly orange, except the little tabs on their boots, and their helmets, which are the green of the scorpions. So, I think I have that down.
    But what about warp spiders? I don't even know what their colors are, they aren't in the book. I was also wondering, if anyone has a good way to paint the death spinners, so that they look good, without spending 15 minutes doing wet blending on each gun...

So, I don't know if I want to paint my warp spiders orange, because I think that would ruin their general airs.... Maybe the will be black and red and silver like usual.
    This belongs in the painting section, any way I shod stay a way from silver on eldar models... I don’t really like silver. But that’s just me. I’m thinking about doing "normal" spiders. White head and red armor with some black/blue jump packs and details.

I just posted some pictures of my eldar modes to day. But I don’t have any spiders. But I have a shadow weaver and I’m planning to paint my guns the same way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to help but it depends on how good of a painter you are?

I mean you want something under 15 minutes then just dry brush a dark grey on a black base coat, highlight tips and edges just barely with light grey. Paint the inner part on the end of the spinner some kinda energy color...dark green or blue..highlight the middle to almost white to make it look glowing being ready to be fired.

I usually take alot longer painting but that is the only thing i can think of for an under 15 minute job. I put electricity bolts inside mine...but it took a steady hand and some time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -31 (x0)

Well, not to brag, but I paint good enough to sell my stuff. I paint HQ's and vehicles for money. But yeah, I just have no sense in color choice, I just paint like my clients want it.

So, just paint my spiders regular spider colors? will they look too out of place?
    TSg.t Zakarius Clay
    142nd Cadian, Stationed Planet Skyfall B
    4th Brigade, 1st Battalion, 1st Co.
    'The Pathfinders', Drop Team - 6

Pssst.... give me kudos....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My eldar army is dark red/black and bone color but I painted my spiders all black with highlights ..I airbrushed their backs for a nice fade. I think mine look sweet but they are different from the rest of my army and I think its a nice break up of colors... they are like my stealthy kinda unit jumping in and out. So I thought mine should be real evil and dark looking.

I am a pretty good painter myself and I have sold plenty of stuff as well. I try not to anymore cause its not worth it..only when i get tired of old stuff. I think as long as you add some secondary color that the rest of your army shares they will fit in just fine (like the tab colors you were talking about)..and maybe even make your army look better with some spice.

Send us a pic when they are done, i would love to see them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    282 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhagadurn
    Well, not to brag, but I paint good enough to sell my stuff. I paint HQ's and vehicles for money. But yeah, I just have no sense in color choice, I just paint like my clients want it.

So, just paint my spiders regular spider colors? will they look too out of place?
    You have orange color then red will mach them, blue looks good with orange or red. Maybe its better to use dark blue but bright can work to.

Then there is a lots of different ways to paint them, you can always switch the red with yellow that will look good with the rest of your guys.

+ Reply to Thread