those bloody oomies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

those bloody oomies

So i have discovered time and again that the imperial tanks (140 pts for a battle tank) are so incredibly powerful for their cost that three of them can toast just about anything I throw at them. I've tried zzap gunz which are limited by their two foot range and are quite vulnerable, rushing in with truk boyz which just get blown up (and are limited by the fast attack choices), and i believe quite firmly that rokkits are far too puny, inaccurate, and short ranged to do anything against the 14 front armour. storm boyz on the other hand are sitting ducks when they deep strike can only shoot (with their sluggas, no special weapon options), and da boyz can sit around blasting away at a tank for hours and not get anywhere. The bottom line is: what can orks do to break through a solid line of the imperial guards battle tanks? I dont see how dreadnaughts could do much either, seeing how they could get blown up while they wer e footslogging across the battlefield anyways. well the warboss is blubering pitifully over a stack of roasted greenskins, so lets try to help em win back some dignity eh?

Armies:
    Tyranids: 2500 pts
    Imperial Guard: 1000 pts
    Witch Hunters: 1000 pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See my post about the guy with 2 LRC's.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...t=54274&page=2 (2 LRC in 850pts!)

Same logic applies to these IG "lots of armor" armies too, except because of the ordinance blasts, you're gonna want to have some additional Mekbodyguards (with shields also) that are spread apart to the max, so you can space your army out a bit more than against LRC. I know rokkits ain't pretty, but given enough time and shots, they will work.

If you do use storm boyz (I don't personally), give em krak bombs and try to land behind the tanks to attack the no-so-special RA10 (or at least to the side for SA12) rather than the FA14. Small squads, lots of different drop attempts, hopefully one will land right. If you can do it, 10 S4 pistol shots on the turn then land will give you a good shot at wounding one of them.

Unfortunately, IG was built to kill orcs. I've played against guys in 1000 pts who use 2 basic, unenhanced infantry squads, a basic command squad, and then all armor - 3 tanks, 2 hellhouds, and a group of 2 sentinels in 1000pts. It's not pretty, especially when they deploy right on the back edge of the table and make you come all the way across to get them. Still, with a little luck and a lot of shielding, you can win.

Ov Courz we winz! We'z da Freedum Leejion, WAAAAAAGH!
    -Gen'rul Vance Fragzlotz
    1st an' Only Freedum Leejion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont feel bad man whenever i go agienst IG i pretty much know im gunna die, but that never stops me from missing out on my boyz getting blown to crap. What ive done worked once i split up my 50 boyz into 4 squads and space em out in rows 2" apart, so basically make a line of boyz so instead of the tank blasting a clump they hit a few in a line. agian only worked once.
    "His word is power, His future is hope, His cause is..WAR! - Brothers of the 8th Legion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

This works for Speedfreaks. I use Rokkit buggies which take off down a flank and go for the rear armor. Usually that 3 slots full: 6 rokkit buggies, 3 shoota buggies. Also, I use Gunwagons with zzap trucks. These are wonderful since the mobility counteracts the 24 inch range and i can usually get a side/rear armor shot.

My buggies/traks engage the vehicles while my trukks/battlewagons with boys engage the front line. Its a little tricky since guard can bog you down in guardsman, however with so many buggies someone usually gets through
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any army, load up on rockit buggyz.

AND TAKE GROTS!

TAKE THEM!

Grots > You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've played against guys in 1000 pts who use 2 basic, unenhanced infantry squads, a basic command squad, and then all armor - 3 tanks, 2 hellhouds, and a group of 2 sentinels in 1000pts.

Do you mean two squads or platoons, cuz if it be squads ye be talkin' about, he be a cheatin'!
    How many Inquisitors does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Three,
    one to screw it in, one to outlaw lightbulbs, and one to deny lightbulbs ever existed.

-Proud creator of the Sons of Omnissiah
    -Kroot pluralized is Kroot, if you say Kroots, you irk me!

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tankbustas work, damaging vehicles on a 5 compared to 6 is a difference

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    208 (x5)

maybe some kommandos with tankbusta bombs, that way you can start close to the tanks and hopefully take some out. It'll be hard though, kommandos are espensive and you ahve to use them exactly right.

Fighting large numbers of armour is difficult for orks. Also give all your nobs power klaws. That's how I end up, usually killing the tanks with a nob. He gets a few attacks so he's bound to get a 6 or two.

Just be glad you aren't facing mech tau, my personal nemesis. Same deal except skimmers so you can only glance them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have 1 HQ trukk with with one or 2 PK
    2 FA Trukk with burner and PK.

I find the speed get to the amd they have problems, before they know it.
    Year 2007
    Ork Freebooters - 7/0/0
    Chaos Violators - 1/0/1
    Tyrannids - 0/0/0

Year 2006
    Ork Freebooters - 29/2/0
    Chaos Violators - 1/0/0
    Tyrannids - 4/0/0

WHFB
    Year 2007
    Dark Elves - 0/0/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

my first suggestion, GROTS!!!! now you might be thinking, your crazy! but im not, you can get 15 of them for a little over 50 points! now take 3 squads of them ,and max them out, its not going to be many points, and the best part? your foe, seeing 60 some odd grots, will want to shoot them! thus they do their job, dying and disracting fire. my other suggestion, Boss snikrot and his kommando ladz. their perfect for this, if you have a loy of cover, they deploy close, due to infiltration, and can hardly be hit at distances, due to snikrots special rule! woot! good luck, hope you show dem' 'umies hoos' boss!
    Do it fer da ladz, come join da Ork Klan here!

Blood Axes W/L/D-------- 9/7/3
    Warboss Grorg of the Ork Klan!
    Commander of the Rebel Alliance in the STAR WARS CLAN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast