Forge World stuff... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x2)

Forge World stuff...

I read the FAQ, yeah =o

Are the XV-84 and other variations of the battlesuits with smart missile system/markerlights, whatever, really worth it, for the steep price (durr, at least it ends up being pretty steep when converted to USD with shipping and stuff... $100 for the friggin' Taros campaign book...)? They look really cool ;_;

And another thing, when they say "resin and plastic", dur, what's resin?

Gloria Imperator, The Firstborn Stand!
    - 2000pts Inquisition, 2000pts Vostroyans, 3000pts Vampire Counts, 1400pts Daemons, [WIP] 2500pts Death Guard

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

As for if they're worth it, I can't help you on that.

As for what resin is, resin is the material Forgeworld uses to make their models. It is a light material that can hold extremely fine detail, but it is rather brittle. Even though it looks like plastic, its chemically different. You have to use superglue rather than modelling cement to bond it as modelling cement doesn't react right with it. You should also be careful because its very fragile and also the dust is a carcinogen so you should never sand it without a mask and adequate ventilation.

Resin and plastic means the kit is a conversion kit- you have Forgeworld resin parts that you add to a standard GW plastic kit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you were thinking of getting the new broadside variant by Forge world I would suggest getting these models instead of the current GW broadsides. First of all the Forge World models just look so much better than the Gw broadsides also the GW broadesides are really weak as the guns can fall off quite easily. Plus if you figure it out the Forge world model only come out to about 24 pounds or 33 canadian dollars (my country) while at the GW stores they retail at about 45+taxes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by fcuk26
    If you were thinking of getting the new broadside variant by Forge world I would suggest getting these models instead of the current GW broadsides. First of all the Forge World models just look so much better than the Gw broadsides also the GW broadesides are really weak as the guns can fall off quite easily. Plus if you figure it out the Forge world model only come out to about 24 pounds or 33 canadian dollars (my country) while at the GW stores they retail at about 45+taxes.
    Yeah, I guess that's a good point, the GBP converter to USD is like as much as the GW broadsides, which are really ugly >_>
    - 2000pts Inquisition, 2000pts Vostroyans, 3000pts Vampire Counts, 1400pts Daemons, [WIP] 2500pts Death Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

82 (x3)

Just wondering (as I've now noticed how cheep the FW brodsides are), how brittle is resin? As my models tend to take a large amount of abuse...
    Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    Ze KHADORANS vill Krush other puny factions into ze Dust! Then vill spread on Sandvich and eat! MMMMMmmmm...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Blade
    Just wondering (as I've now noticed how cheep the FW brodsides are), how brittle is resin? As my models tend to take a large amount of abuse...
    I believe I read in the site's FAQ that resin is almost as brittle at plastic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

I have two forgeworld models- the Tau Air Caste pilots and Eldar Fighters for BFG. The pilots are made with a grey resin that's actually pretty tough- its very like plastic although it still won't bond with modelling cement. The fighters are a white resin that crumbles if you look at it funny. I don't think I have a single plane that made it to the base in one piece.

Dunno which resin FW uses most of the time- I'd hope the grey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the Taros Campaign book. The 3 special issue suits forgeworld released are each 0-1. And of course cost some extra pointage.
    W/D/L
    Tau - Knights of the Frozen Wastes
    10/2/4

Necrons - The Phalanx of Gleaming Death
    2/0/0

CSM - Iron Warriors
    Coming Soon

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

+ Reply to Thread