Biovore Targets - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Biovore Targets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Biovore Targets

I have a unit of 3 Biovores and my friend said that all 3 need to shoot at the same target. Is this true?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Yes. The act as a single unit now so they must all target the same location. Looking at the rules it also looks like they cannot target a location on the ground, anymore. The codex says they are treated as barrage weapons, so they must be aimed at an enemy unit and the landing point must be over an enemy model.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

There have been huge changes to biovores & spore mines. I strongly suggest you get the new codex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and i stongly suggest you dont use them, they suck now that they have to fire as a unit and cant target ground.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get the new Rules Dude !!!

I strongly agree with Zerling u should always use the updated version of the rules :yes:

Dudes :w00t:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by insomnia
    and i stongly suggest you dont use them, they suck now that they have to fire as a unit and cant target ground.
    They don't completely suck, if you want to use them there are plenty of reasons to but I do agree that they are much worse than they used to be, especialy with the new brood leadership and barrage rules.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

The barrage rules are actually not bad. For one, it allows spore mines to cause pinning again; and second, the scatter isn't quite so dangerous as it used to be. What makes them so much worse than before is the small blast marker, the squad-based operation, and Brood Telepathy. Brood Telepathy is especially bad since one death will send the entire brood running right off the table, instead of to the nearest Synapse Creature. Also, without Brood Telepathy they could at least Lurk and get a cover save. . .
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

which is exactly why they have brood telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And that is why i think they suck- there useless if your opponenet kills just one of them, and they only get the small blast marker now-i'd take large blast marker and no pinning any day of the week.

+ Reply to Thread