can battlewagons move and shoot? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can battlewagons move and shoot?

well i played a game today and my friend said that my battlewagon can only move up to a maxiumum of 6 inches and fire its big shootas and zzap cannon. Is this true? because it doesn't seem right considering that they are SPEED freaks, and speed is definlty not 6 inches. I would think that the battlewagon would be able to move the full 12 (13 with red paint) inches and fire all their heavy weapons. Including the big shootas onboard

“Krump first, assk qweztions neva'!"- 3000 Orks
    5/4/2
    Dark Eldar- 1500 1/0/0
    "the very gods for vengeance cry”- 3000 Dwarves
    3/1/1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well both weapons are not higher than 8 strenght so yes u can move 12 and fire all of your weapons i play space wolves and thats why the leman russ exterminator is so good it moves 6 though because it is not a fast vehicle but it moves 6 and fires 3heavy bolters 1autocannon 1 storm bolter and once per game a hunter killer
    Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made.
    Otto von Bismarck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahh sweet! so he lied to me..err...what if the zzap cannon gets a strenght 8 or higher shot though? Does it count as backfiring?
    5/4/2
    Dark Eldar- 1500 1/0/0
    3/1/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Da rulez only say dat when you get 'igher dan a ten u missfire. Nutting about some silly eight ting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

And this is why i have grown to love the Big Shoota Battlewagon so much. It gets the boys there quick and intact and can shoot the whole way there.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x6)

Correction: With speedfreaks you cannot move 12 and fire the big shootas. We were hunting this around and its clearly outlined in the vehicle rules in the big book. Battlewagon is a tank, it is not a fast vehicle. Thus it can move 6 and fire 1 main and all defensive weapons. If it moves 12 it can't shoot.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MouseC112
    Correction: With speedfreaks you cannot move 12 and fire the big shootas. We were hunting this around and its clearly outlined in the vehicle rules in the big book. Battlewagon is a tank, it is not a fast vehicle. Thus it can move 6 and fire 1 main and all defensive weapons. If it moves 12 it can't shoot.
    Correctimundo.

Has anyone got any official ruling as to how to use the zaap gun on battlewagons in conjunction with rokkits? It's awkward, as the gun can either be a main or defensive weapon, depending on how high it rolls. We play it that you shoot the zaap first, if it scores under a 6 it's defensive and you can shoot a rokkit, otherwise no luck. But are there any official rules?
    ROIGHT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MouseC112
    yea, unfourtantly this is right...because it isnt a fast vehicle. Though personally i think this takes away from the battlewawgons usefullness by a lot. Unfourtnatly the land raider can fire its "hurricane bolters" even when it moves 12 inches. Also, can a mekboy be an independent character? I mean if i have two seperate battlewagons could i put a big mek in one and a mek in the other both with KFFS?
    5/4/2
    Dark Eldar- 1500 1/0/0
    3/1/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x6)

The only real way a regular "mek" could end up in a battlewagon with a field is if he's taken as an upgrade for a unit of Burna Boys that is orginially mounted in a truck. The unit has to start the game mounted if i'm right for Speedfreaks, but could leave the vehicle on turn 1, and mount the battle wagon on turn 2. Another option is for the truck to with the mekboy upgrade to stay near the 2nd battlewagon.

I will be running 2 battle wagons with a mekboy in a copter hovering close behind to over the field to both. Or you could use a Big Mek with a field, and keep the 2 battlewagons within 6 inches so that the field covers both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahh yea that works! Also, i was thinking of making one of my battlewagons tooled out with rokkits and a zzap cannon for tankbusting and then keeping it near the boyz so they can fall back inside. Is this worth doing because I can see it being effective. But against one of my 3 regular opponents, the tau, itll get slaugtered by railguns. But it will very very useful against my Black Templar opponenet who has a complete MEQ army. Is it worth doing or should i keep them both with the three twin linked big shootas. Also is the generator and krusher upgrades worth it for the battlewagon? Also, making a battlewagon hull down, what EXACTLY does this do? Does it make it only glancing hits? or as my black templar friend said (who thinks he knows everything and claims he read this out of the rulebook) on a 4+ make it a glancing hit? Also is the armor plating upgrade worth the 10 points? Sorry for asking so many questions in advance
    Last edited by HavenDan; January 5th, 2006 at 03:38.
    5/4/2
    Dark Eldar- 1500 1/0/0
    3/1/1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast