Should I Start A Tyranid Army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from what i have heard, the nids are all about close combat and you need alot
    what else? do u reccomend them?>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're in the tyranid section, if anybody doesn't recommend them they'd be killed. Seriously, tyranids rule. They're the only army that allows you to costermise nearly every unit just how you want them, but if you want shooty, youcan do that to. I mean, a carnifex with a barbed strangler will shoot a strength 8 ordinance sized blast, and a hive tyrant gets can have 3 strength 8 shots, or 6 strength something else shots or etc. a turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go with Tyranids if you want to charge down your opponent and slaughter them in close combat.

Don't go with Tyranids if you want to shoot the bigger targets first before moving in your troops.

I think that just about summarises everything.

Read this forum, see what 'nid players bitch about, see what they love, see how it reflects your own attitudes.

The two strength 10 shots (Zoanthrope + Carnifex with VC) are the best we've got strengthwise, and the Warp Blast is the only AP1 weapon in the army. And has a pretty poor range. So don't choose 'nids to shoot. Seriously.

-=Count Jasper=-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

The good thing about nids is that they are so varied but you don't have to give up the option of one thing to have another (like eldar craftworlds or marine chapters). If you wanna mow down lots of infantry then have loadsa gaunts with devourers and all the while you can have a few STRENGTH 10 warp blasts (or s5 ap3 blast- suck it marine commanders). I'd suggest having loads of hormagaunts with a carnifex, some warriors, and definately lictors, they just arent an option. Genestealers kick ass against terminators (i killed 3 with 1 stealer yes ONE) or light vehicles
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second on the Shooty. We are the second best Close Combat army in the game, arguably the best, but I would diagree. However, we have several advantages, especially in morale. Also we are very customizeable and fun to model.

We are not however, shooty. At all. Seriously. We are REALLY BAD at shooting. Good god.

Our only long range weapon is Str 7-10 AP4. AP 4! If you want AP 3 or 2 you have to be within 20 ". Shooty we ain't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this is the wrong place to ask , but surely we have better shooting that them crazy greed mobbers(Orks), we cant be that bad a shooting i mean an ap1 weapon how many amies have more of them that us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nids are a close combat army, yes the majority of our shooty weapons are Assualt (move and shoot) weapons with the exception of biovores...
    Yes unless you have lots of warpblasts those Dam space marines are all going to get there 3+saves

If you thinking about shooting things, and you whant to win some games, i would avoid the Tyranids, the tyranids Shootyness is there to support the advance, while the army lumbers, scuttles up the the table, to get into CC,
    yes we can do damage from shooting...biovores, and warpblasts are often underestimated, but i find the majority of damage is done from 90 + attacks from my hormies, and my 2 winged Hivetyrants slamming squads of spacemarines

Dont underestimate Nids firepower, but dont trust it to win you games either

Morpheus01, u say were the second best close combat army? whats the best? Dark eldar Wytch Armies i hate those evil pointy eared freaks
    Army of the heavens, my army waits in hell
    To battle on the earth, for all the souls who fell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We aren't the greatest in firepower, but we don't suck either.

The hive tyrant can jump 12 and shoot a str 10 ap2 blast another 18 inches. That can take any tank in the game out in one shot.

The Zoanthropes have the same weapon. You could have 5 characters with that weapon firing (and moving) every round.

That's nothing to sneeze at. How many other armies can deepstrike a model and fire with that kind of power in the same turn?

We don't have great range, but we are so fast that it doesn't matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah we're reealli scary in cc.i took down a chaos dreadnought with 2 genestealers hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you like assault, take Tyranids. If you like an organic, nasty looking army, take Tyranids. If you like smooth armor and big guns, take Tau or Space Marines. I personally play 'nids and Tau, but the 'nids are SO much more fun.

and yes, genestealers are AMAZING!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast