Planetary Landing Force (1500pts) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Planetary Landing Force (1500pts)

A little while back I started thinking about a Necron invasion force. It didn't look feasible but the idea has kept nagging at me and this is the current armylist I'm mulling over-

Lord, R-Orb, Gaze, Lightning Fields

20 Warriors
    20 Warriors

Monolith
    Monolith

8 Scarabs D-Fields

Total 1498

Not fluffy? Check the codex cover. I would really have liked to start with Deep Striking the monoliths and piling out from them but it's not going to work because 2 warrior squads must be deployed. Now I'll deploy them tucked away somewhere, Deep Strike the 'liths and then teleport to them. I'll end up with the 2 monoliths reasonably close together and the warriors being reproduced out the gate if they get whooped too much in one turn. The lord is basically there to keep warriors alive and reduce CC damage. Scarabs for skulking enemy and tanks.

Comments?

Last edited by The Paint Monkey; January 4th, 2006 at 19:53.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to be within 18" to teleport to a lith, but other than that, if you want to do it, go ahead. How do you plan on gettng 40 warriors? 2 battleforces will do, but then you have 6 destroyers left over, might be worth including in your list. Also, if you use only 3 scarabs to a base you can stretch the numbers further than you could otherwise.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

This should be in the Army Lists forum..keep that in mind for the future.

The biggest problem I have with this list is the Warriors; I'd split them up into four squads of 10. You get more options with targetting enemies in the shooting phase; it will be harder to tie them all up in the assault phase; and you get two more scoring units out of the deal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Yeah, sorry about the misplace. Didn't even occur to me. I thought about using 4 squads but I'm thinking about keeping them in 2 squads to allow me to slurp them through the monoliths when they get slapped. Same deal with escaping CC. I think they'll probably end up as one or two big mobs anyway with the WBB rolls. I've not actually tried it on the table yet.

Variatas- this won't be the only way I'll play necrons, I'll also have other units and play them in different lists. It's just that this idea has been nagging at me for a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, try it your way, but also why not try the 4x10 ten warrior squads, and keep two in reserve to come out of the Monoliths once they land? It would be a really cool effect like you want, fluffy, and you'd get to pump 20 Guass shots + flux arcs per lith into something as soon as you land. Sure, you partly lose the advantages you described, but you also gain some, such as all your eggs aren't in 2 big unwieldy squads...extra scoring units and all that too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A solid idea. In bigger games, I'd give your lord a VoD as a back up measure. Putting your necrons into 4x10 squads might also be a better way to go as it makes you much more versatile, and your opponent has more choices to make about where to fire. A really unique list, though. Very oldskool (with the exception of the monolith)

Thankyou to all Rep givers! You rule!

ANZAC CLAN - Green, gold, and proud!
    Currently working on:
    • DEMON HUNTERS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

743 (x8)

I'll try the 4 smaller squads. It will be interesting to see how big a playability variation it is. I'll give 3 squads a crack too.

Thanks guys.

+ Reply to Thread