Question about Ethereals and Aun Shi - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about Ethereals and Aun Shi

I have a question about the rule of rerolling a morale test if aun shi / ethereal is on the board. My army has both characters and i wanted to ask if i failed a orale test for say not shooting the closest target (or something) would i get one re roll or two? (one for each Aun shi and Ethereal?

Thanks
    Bobotheguy

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also why do Ethereals and Aun Shi have a BS what weapone do they use for long range, Rocks???

Bobotheguy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Seeing as you can never re-roll a re-roll, no having multiple Ethereals does not stack.

However on a different note...I'm going to risk looking stupid here. Are you sure you can use your Ethereal to re-roll target priority? Because I was pretty sure you can't.

The Ethereal allows you to re-roll morale tests. Target priority is not a morale test (it is however a form of leadership test). To explain what is the difference between the two:

And the reason why Ethereals have BS is that they do have proficiency at shooting, even if they cannot use guns. You'll find that many things that cannot use guns have a BS value. However things that have a zero value for BS cannot use guns whatsoever, and is used to represent things like Spore Mines and Scarabs.
    Last edited by Addoran; January 5th, 2006 at 06:25.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Addoran
    Seeing as you can never re-roll a re-roll, no having multiple Ethereals does not stack.

However on a different note...I'm going to risk looking stupid here. Are you sure you can use your Ethereal to re-roll target priority? Because I was pretty sure you can't.

The Ethereal allows you to re-roll morale tests. Target priority is not a morale test (it is however a form of leadership test). To explain what is the difference between the two:

And the reason why Ethereals have BS is that they do have proficiency at shooting, even if they cannot use guns. You'll find that many things that cannot use guns have a BS value. However things that have a zero value for BS cannot use guns whatsoever, and is used to represent things like Spore Mines and Scarabs.
    I'd be kinda interested myself. I suspect target priority isnt included though it should be if those Tau are so damn fearless.

I was wondering how his parry rules work when he's joined to a group of fire warriors. Do you declare how many attacks your using to parry, and then your oponnent declares which of his troops are attacking Aun'Shi, or the other way round? Or something else completely? Im sure theres a FAQ somewhere.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, target priority test are not morale tests, so you cannot reroll them. *shrug* this isn't so bad.

An no, you can't re-roll re-rolls. Which means there's almost no point in taking an Ethereal plus Aun'shi. But you would get re-roll all those leadership tests everybody makes when the Etheral dies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It says in the rulses you can only reroll something once. So no you cant.
    Member of the United States Army (45B)
    Expert Rifleman
    Volunteer Firefighter

+ Reply to Thread