how do i deal with indirect fire defilers? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

how do i deal with indirect fire defilers?

the defiler with indirect fire can be a real pain because he can indirect fire on my precious stealth and crisis and negate their armour save,and i can't shoot him becase he hides behind some big cover.any ideas how to destroy him.

-A tau, dark eldar and slaanesh csm player
    -vassal player
    -And always on LO chat..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by svalene
    the defiler with indirect fire can be a real pain because he can indirect fire on my precious stealth and crisis and negate their armour save,and i can't shoot him becase he hides behind some big cover.any ideas how to destroy him.
    I may be wrong but isn't indirect fire min range 36" so it should be no problem to avoid it with Stealths or XV8's, also use cover and get cover saves.
    I always use my XV8,s to take out Defilers (I face a chaos army with 2 regurlarly) thats why I give all mine Fusion and Plasma.
    The only problem is if the chaos player takes any of the vehicle upgrades that allow it to ignore certain penetration results (think its shaken etc i'm at work so trying to remember without a codex) they can be a real pain but you just have to keep hitting it.
    Do not engage it in CC (I know thats obvious but keep out of its way with JSJ)

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deep strike suits behind it to hit back armor or use stealth suits to get back armor (sometimes impossible), hit side armor withg missle pods from suits, use a hammer head to get around the obstacle, or use a fusion blaster to open up the front.

Those are your options. One of them should work. If he's got it behind some special terrain that enfolds it completely, you can't get any shots, then cry cheeze, concentrate on the rest of his army, and next time exert some control over how terrain is placed on the board. You're supposed to each pick D3+1 pieces, arrange them, and pick table sides. Enforce this, and don't let him place terrain whatever which way he wants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

79 (x2)

ok so i have a helios shas'o think i should deepstrike him?
    -vassal player
    -And always on LO chat..

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe. Might be better to use a reg Crisis suit, cuz the chance of DS or Assaulty death is high. But I'll tell you I HAVE used a commander in such a fashion, to great effect. It's just a big gamble with a Shas'O, particularly as if you don't kill it, it will turn around and assault you.

Helios has a Fusion balster? I don't know them by the names, y'see, that's a bit fan boy for me. But DS it with 6" is too risky, avg scatter is 7"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Deep striking usually doesn't work so well. But it is an option. What is also an option is flushing it out with a railhead. I know it puts a lot of risk on the hammerhead, so send two.

In the meantime, try to keep within 36" first. That's its minimum range.

Also, these are the scatter rules for indirect fire against stealths (they don't help if a hit is rolled though):

If the defiler can't see the stealths: Roll 2D6 and pick the highest, then add an extra D6.

If the defiler can see the stealths, but they're further away than it's spot roll: Roll 2D6.

If the defiler can see the stealths, and they're within the spot roll: Roll D6.

Obviously, being out of LOS and within the stealth roll is impossible, but if it was a mortar firing, then it would be 2D6 pick highest.
    Last edited by onlainari; January 15th, 2006 at 08:00.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would deepstrike some suits. If the loss of saves is killing you, you might want to think about shiels generators( just a thought) If their isnt alot of terrain.

Good luck.
    Member of the United States Army (45B)
    Expert Rifleman
    Volunteer Firefighter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

79 (x2)

i don't know why im saying that but saint has a way of ending tons of threads by really short posts...
    -vassal player
    -And always on LO chat..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saint102
    I would deepstrike some suits. If the loss of saves is killing you, you might want to think about shiels generators( just a thought) If their isnt alot of terrain.

Good luck.
    you can't put shield generators on stealth suits... unfortunately.
    Last edited by loosestrife; January 17th, 2006 at 22:12.
    gurqiw;lkvcxnz.hgqowe;hfnM<C/;aW;PAHGNSWSAQ324jdaqp'eancs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loosestrife
    you can't put shield generators on stealth suits... unfortunately.
    Ew, that would take a 30 pt unit to 50 pts each simply for the 4+ invulnerable save.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast