Jetbikes Or Wyches? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you had a choice between a squad of jetbikes or a squad of wyches on a raider, what would you choose?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and by jetbike i mean Reaver

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reavers, because with the particular style of play i have they would benefit me more.

PS try using edit button

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

o ok, thanx, i didnt know about the edit function

but like, i just figure that against lots of heavily armored enemies...ie chaos, sm, or necron, the supperior close combat specialtie of wyches w/ wyche weapons could make em crumple up like a McDonalds hamburger wrapper after i've had a hard day of work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are going up opponents like that take a wych squad with succubus armed with an agonizer. Also give the squad wych weapons and plasma grenades.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Reavers and wyches are hardly comparable, it depends on the rest of your army list what would work best in it.

If you decide to use wyches, then of course use wych weapons but NOT plasma grenades. Plasmas are not worth the points.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree with the last post. Wyches only pay 1 point for Plasma Grenades, and that is a very small price to pay to be able to strike first (because of our superior initiative) when assaulting someone in cover. You really need to strike first and strike hard to reduce damage when your opponent's turn comes. 4+ invulnerable in CC is great, but it still fails at times.

My answer to the question is - Wyches, always. I've got 10 Reavers (2 w/blasters, 2 w/shredders and 1 Succubus armed with a power weapon and a Tormentor Helm), and I never use them!!! They're just too damn expensive for what they do, and way too often I've watched them fly off the table after taking some losses. They're terrible in HtH for their points (too big bases, too small squad, etc.). Lord Cru'X

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How cheap do you want them to be? they are already 25 points, thats damn cheap for a bike. I mean you can get 5 of them for 125 points. I find them most useful to rush 24 inches at the enemy the first turn. The enemy will have to decide what he wants to fire at and from experience they fire at the bikes most of time. So the rest of army doesn't get shot at and with a 4+ invulnerable save i doubt the bikes will be toast. Then next turn charge into a squad you don't want shooting at the rest of your army. they should be able to survive until reinforcements arrive.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

I disagree with the last post.Â* Wyches only pay 1 point for Plasma Grenades, and that is a very small price to pay to be able to strike first (because of our superior initiative) when assaulting someone in cover.Â* You really need to strike first and strike hard to reduce damage when your opponent's turn comes.Â* 4+ invulnerable in CC is great, but it still fails at times.
    They pay TWO points per model if you want to give them plasma grenades - 20pts for the entire squad.

Under which circumstances are plasmas worth the points? When those enemies that you could kill before they strike would kill 20pts of wyches.

How many e.g. marines do you kill on the charge? Let's assume we are lucky today and you can kill four marines on the charge. Without plasmas, these marines would strike before you do, with plasmas you would have killed them before they can strike. Four marine attacks, two hits, 1.33 wounds, 0.66 failed saves, that's less than 9pts of wyches which were saved by the plasma grenades for which you paid 20pts.

If you take into account that you don't even always assault someone in cover they are definitely not worth the points.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wyches pay 1 point for Plasma Grenades per the 2nd Edition Dark Eldar Codex. Also, I only take Wyches in a Raider (10 max.), so that is only 10 points added, and if the grenades save 1-12 point wych in combat, they've done their job. Lord Cru'X

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast