How to beat nids and bt? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to beat nids and bt?

i play some friendly games with 2 of my friends and they have very cc nids and black templar armies. any advice to avoid being swamped my genestealers and sword breathern would be great.

FOR THE GREATER GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you dare question tau a point blank rail gun will be aimed at your head...............be warned

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and yeah FoF doesn't work well cause they know how it works and yeah so they are very cautious
    some replies would be great......:shifty:
    FOR THE GREATER GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you dare question tau a point blank rail gun will be aimed at your head...............be warned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wasn't this is white dwarf?:yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

if you have a mobile armies(i am not saying tons of fire warriorrs in devilfish)with crisis and stealth and 3 hammerheads you can easily kill tons of tyraniids with pie plates and stealth or outmaneuver the black templar
    -A tau, dark eldar and slaanesh csm player
    -vassal player
    -And always on LO chat..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the Black Templars, I'd suggest lots of crisis w/ TL Plasma rifles & Drones, and one or two railguns in the form of a broadside or two with a hammerhead. And use an Ethereal.
    TAU PLAYER - GREY KNIGHTS PLAYER - WOOD ELVES PLAYER (kind of)

"Grey Knight terminators aren't 'good.' THEY'RE F****N AWESOME!!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x4)

Quick summary:

Tyranids are a swarm army. Thus, poor armour saves except for the MCs. Therefore, use Fire Warriors(Pulse Rifles) and Railhead submunitions to deal with the majority, while regular Railgun rounds and plasma rifles will work well against the MCs. Fusion blasters are a bad idea, although I would consider giving a Crisis two flamers (they do not become twin-linked, they stay separate).

Black Templars are Space Marines. To deal with Space Marines, use Crisis toting Plasma Rifles and either Missle Pods or Fusion Blasters. Ionheads are also a decent option, and Pathfinders can do a decent job, although they start getting kinda expensive for such a small squad.

Both of these armies will try and get close to you, so take some Kroot, maybe even some Kroot Hounds if you like and have extra Fast Attack space. Hide them in forests, and let the enemy charge. Though you won't get extra attacks, you will strike first or simultaneously, and their shooting isn't half bad. For most lists, in the 2000 point area, I suggest a full squad of Broadsides with a shield generator and two target locks, and two Hammerheads. The rest is up to player preference, but I have found this Heavy Support setup to work well.

Happy gaming.
    My gaming group's new motto: That army you're using is overpowered because it hurts my guys, codex is broken and needs a rewrite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lLonginus
    Quick summary:

Tyranids are a swarm army. Thus, poor armour saves except for the MCs. Therefore, use Fire Warriors(Pulse Rifles) and Railhead submunitions to deal with the majority, while regular Railgun rounds and plasma rifles will work well against the MCs. Fusion blasters are a bad idea, although I would consider giving a Crisis two flamers (they do not become twin-linked, they stay separate).

Black Templars are Space Marines. To deal with Space Marines, use Crisis toting Plasma Rifles and either Missle Pods or Fusion Blasters. Ionheads are also a decent option, and Pathfinders can do a decent job, although they start getting kinda expensive for such a small squad.

Both of these armies will try and get close to you, so take some Kroot, maybe even some Kroot Hounds if you like and have extra Fast Attack space. Hide them in forests, and let the enemy charge. Though you won't get extra attacks, you will strike first or simultaneously, and their shooting isn't half bad. For most lists, in the 2000 point area, I suggest a full squad of Broadsides with a shield generator and two target locks, and two Hammerheads. The rest is up to player preference, but I have found this Heavy Support setup to work well.

Happy gaming.
    Good advice. A standard static army with lots of firewarriros would do extreemely well against tyranids. Trying to outmanuver a large horde army could prove difficult, tyranids can spread out into assault from 19-24" away with the right upgrades. Submunitions of course. And chrisis suits with flamers? I hadn't really considered that. It's an expensive unit to charge into CC with Tyranids. Having better morale for target priority and the ability to reroll moral checks would be very worthwhile. I'd consider taking Aun'shi as an HQ choise since chrisis commanders arent as usefull here. Stealth suits can still be worthwhile.

I'd just place your firewarriors in cover with nice, long fireing lanes, give em photon grenades and back em up with kroot and kroot hounds to countercharge. Thats my favorite tactic anyway. Your fire warriors deny them the charge attack bonus and make up for their horrible initiative with cover, and their armor stops half his wounds. Then, kroot can countercharge and overwhelm anything that survived your fireing line.

Except for your hammerheads I'd say go quantity over quality here. JSJ doesnt make a load of difference to an army who doesnt shoot back.

As for templars? Well thats pretty easy I suppose, do the oppisite. Lots of battlesuits, yeay!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use mech and what I would do is max out the hammer heads , Possibly equip crisis wth flamers( depens on how close you think your going to get. Most importantly always make sure you have room to get away.
    Member of the United States Army (45B)
    Expert Rifleman
    Volunteer Firefighter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x4)

On my suggestion with equipping flamers:

Tau flamers are often, nay, almost always ignored, just like the burst cannon. The flamer is the ONLY weapon under S5 that the Tau can take (notice how I didn't say Kroot). However, let's look at the benefits of putting a pair on our Crisis suits:

Flamers are cheap as heck, a multi-tracker dual flamer toting Crisis costs 47 points. Cheap
    Against Tyranids, we can expect the fighting to get up close and personal.
    Flamers negate most Tyranids armour save.
    Flamers ALWAYS hit, which is nice with our Shas'ui.
    A team of 3 flamer Crisis will cost 141 points, and will kill a squad of Guants or Stealers in a turn.
    Your entire army is likely to get in close with the Tyranids, and Crisis have good stats for CC(ignore the Ws).
    Crisis can be good for holding off an assaulting unit coming for your firebase.
    Against hordes, there is no better weapon than a flamer. Or submunition, but Crisis can't take that.

On the downside, our Crisis could easily get locked in cc, but as I mentioned, they have good stats compared to your average guant, and you aren't losing too much in points. Flamer Crisis would only work well against a Nid swarm, Ork horde, Dark Eldar or IG. Other armies it would be utterly futile, making common practice of this tactic unwise. Which means, since I live at SM central, I may never get to try this, but fortunately, a friend is starting IG. Armoured Company...
    My gaming group's new motto: That army you're using is overpowered because it hurts my guys, codex is broken and needs a rewrite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lLonginus
    On my suggestion with equipping flamers:

Tau flamers are often, nay, almost always ignored, just like the burst cannon. The flamer is the ONLY weapon under S5 that the Tau can take (notice how I didn't say Kroot). However, let's look at the benefits of putting a pair on our Crisis suits:

Flamers are cheap as heck, a multi-tracker dual flamer toting Crisis costs 47 points. Cheap
    Against Tyranids, we can expect the fighting to get up close and personal.
    Flamers negate most Tyranids armour save.
    Flamers ALWAYS hit, which is nice with our Shas'ui.
    A team of 3 flamer Crisis will cost 141 points, and will kill a squad of Guants or Stealers in a turn.
    Your entire army is likely to get in close with the Tyranids, and Crisis have good stats for CC(ignore the Ws).
    Crisis can be good for holding off an assaulting unit coming for your firebase.
    Against hordes, there is no better weapon than a flamer. Or submunition, but Crisis can't take that.

On the downside, our Crisis could easily get locked in cc, but as I mentioned, they have good stats compared to your average guant, and you aren't losing too much in points. Flamer Crisis would only work well against a Nid swarm, Ork horde, Dark Eldar or IG. Other armies it would be utterly futile, making common practice of this tactic unwise. Which means, since I live at SM central, I may never get to try this, but fortunately, a friend is starting IG. Armoured Company...
    Hmm, good point. Lets say you made a balanced list and threw a flamethrower and dual linked plasma rifle on a chrisis suit. Think you could kill enough IG/DE/Ork/Nids to make up that point cost?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast