Harlequin's Kiss and Power Blades - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harlequin's Kiss and Power Blades

If my Solitare is using the Kiss and Powerblades, do I need to choose which CC weapon I am using or , I know this is a long shot, do I get a wound on a 2+ and no armor save.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by adienpryde
    If my Solitare is using the Kiss and Powerblades, do I need to choose which CC weapon I am using or , I know this is a long shot, do I get a wound on a 2+ and no armor save.

Thanks
    Really, it depends on how you read it.

It's argued with either way, but to get less people angry at you, go with having to choose one effect, or another.

IMO, you should be able to do both, as the blades are Wargear and not a Weapon... but, most people won't see it your way, because of the endless cries of "cheese" you'll get.

I'd say, play it the safe way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's really no room for argument as is says at the top of the wargear page that the effects don't stack. You choose which one to use, but you DO get the extra attack from the powerblades regardless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think that it does, it says weapons don't work together, but it doesn't mention wargear.
    I'm actually not in my sixties. For some obscure reason, my age is set 50 years older than what it actually is.
    Also known as Jianaran

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by SandwichBoy
    there's really no room for argument as is says at the top of the wargear page that the effects don't stack. You choose which one to use, but you DO get the extra attack from the powerblades regardless.
    As dodo said...

There is plenty of room for argument.

Weapon effects don't stack, so you can't combine a Power Weapon with a Kiss, I'll give you that.

It says nothing about Wargear, and powerblades are Wargear. So, technically, straight out of the rules, they would stack because they are combining a Weapon with a piece of Wargear. Check out several other threads for these arguments - no need to bring them back here.

However, many people will argue with you endlessly about it (believe me, I know ) and so the safer road is just to succumb to their will, really. They can always say "No, I won't play you" because your army isn't official.. so don't try to tick your opponents off with the loopholes that are there.

+ Reply to Thread