HQ choice?? (bike or not) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

HQ choice?? (bike or not)

hey,

New DE player here,

thinking of having a cheapish HQ like a dracon with only afew upraged and no retinue. but mounted on a bike

my question is how the hell do u mount a DE lord on a bike?? is there a special version you have to buy or do u need to convert the normal lord model to a pose that will allow him to fit on a bike?? or what?? :wacko:

further to that question. the army will be 1500 pts. do u think that is a good HQ choice or could is there a better option for effectivness vs points..ie making it an archon instead.. or foget the bike and go on foot. or a retinue with a raider.. whats the best way to go with HQ for a 1500 pt army?? (even if its not a bike HQ id still like to know the answer to the first question)

THanks!

Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x3)

You´re pretty much stuck with having to convert.

the usual setup is power weapon, shadowfield, drugs. Effective and gives you lots of goodies.

most players would probably say that mounting him a raider is a better idea since it allows more speed(you charge alot faster cause with a bike you probably need to turbo across the board first then assault but with a raider you can get a rather impressive charge of 21-26).

cheers dancey
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x5)

1500 points or more just asks for a tuned up lord with agoniser, scissorhand, drugs and shdow field. Also a POWERFULL retinue of incubi anywhere from 6 to 10 to achieve max effectiveness. Also I put 2 warriors with splintercannons into mine to soften up my enemies before punching them hard. But do know that the best HQ in the game will definitely take a chunk away from your points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

Use a warrior model as your lord, they look better and are easier to convert. I use a bike mounted drachite for my second HQ, since her wyche weapons can keep her alive in spite of the fact that sha hasent got a shadow field. A fantasy horse mounted dark elf sorceress makes a good base for that conversion.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

I just recently bought a Hellion model and bent the legs at the knees back (and then inward). At this point the only thing that is not fitting right are the arms. I decided I liked the Sybarite claw (as a power weapon) so I chopped it off at the wrist and put it on the Hellion. As for the other arm I wanted it to grab the handle bar so I used two plastic arms. One arm is the longest (fully extended) warrior arm and cut off the wrist. I then cut off the hand of a reaver bike rider and pinned/glued it on. I use this model as a succcubus (female hellion) but could double as a dracon on a bike.

My Archon/Drachon on a bike consists of 5 or 6 models and is a little more complex. It is almost a collection of left over conversions that I somehow managed to get together. The result was rather pleasing and pretty cool. i would have to show you a pic in order to tell you what was on it. As of right now both are only primered and I was planning on starting them today.

Pretty much the Haemy was the same way but a simple way if you have the models is to use the lower half of a reaver rider and then find a model that you like from the waist up. Slimmer the waist the better. Arms will always be a problem, perhaps if you take the current succubus model and add on from there might work too. The succubus model is rather boring, in fact, i am not sure if it is even a succubus (for me it is now just another rider, demoted!).

Current project now is the torso of Drahzar, legs of a metal gunner (from the Vect set) right arm of the claw on the Archon (kewl Klaw) and not sure about the left arm but probably holding the handle bars.

Also working on how to make a cape out of green stuff (to my satisfaction). I have attempted two capes but only kept one for the Haemy. The others will all need capes I think:yes:

+ Reply to Thread