To SM or not to SM that is the real question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x3)

To SM or not to SM that is the real question

Hello everyone!

I have a small tau force (under 1000 pts) and have purchased my first hammerhead *cheers* My only problem is, do I equip it with Smart Missiles, and get 6 extra inches, along with being able to shoot things out of sight, or go with Burst Cannons where I get an extra 2 shots with the loss of 6"?

I'm tilting towards the Burst Cannons as they are cheeper :sleep:

Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    Ze KHADORANS vill Krush other puny factions into ze Dust! Then vill spread on Sandvich and eat! MMMMMmmmm...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

79 (x2)

i think you are better off with burst cannon if you need points...if you have ion cannon definetely get burst cannon
    -A tau, dark eldar and slaanesh csm player
    -vassal player
    -And always on LO chat..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Blade
    Hello everyone!

I have a small tau force (under 1000 pts) and have purchased my first hammerhead *cheers* My only problem is, do I equip it with Smart Missiles, and get 6 extra inches, along with being able to shoot things out of sight, or go with Burst Cannons where I get an extra 2 shots with the loss of 6"?

I'm tilting towards the Burst Cannons as they are cheeper :sleep:

To be quite honest I always take BC, why? because they are cheaper and I never want anything close enough to use either the SMS or BC, frankly if you could have the option of not taking the secondry weapons I would not bother.
    Hammerheads should always be using the two great advantages they have, a multi to allow movement and shooting and the massive range of the railgun, use both these to help keep the Hammerhead alive to use the railgun, you really should not even be thinking about using the secondry weapons at all, I know I dont and if I am I know its because I have screwed up and allowed the enemy to get to close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

82 (x3)

Thanks for the quick replys guys!

Now down to assembling...
    Ze KHADORANS vill Krush other puny factions into ze Dust! Then vill spread on Sandvich and eat! MMMMMmmmm...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x2)

I take the SMS, usually, dunno why. Just seems to work better
    Gloria Imperator, The Firstborn Stand!
    - 2000pts Inquisition, 2000pts Vostroyans, 3000pts Vampire Counts, 1400pts Daemons, [WIP] 2500pts Death Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally Id go with the Smart Missile System because if you get depp strinking guys right next to you HH 4 AP4 shots that hit on a 4 are gonna kill some guys. Remember that the SMS is a heavy 4 and is also attacked to most broadsides Personally the BC is less range, less shots, one higher STR, and one less AP

Besides if you already modeled the BC the you can think of a New innovative way to covert it to a SMS, (If you want an SMS)

Bobotheguy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

82 (x3)

Alright, I have assambled my Hammerhead, and I have suddenly realized, that the main gun doesn't sit straight unless you glue it. Now normaly this wouldn't be a problem, but I am planing on using the Ion Cannon every now and then, so i was wondering if anyone else has come across this problem and solved it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Smart missiles are better. But that's bleeding obvious, they cost 10pts more, plus you really need a target lock, another 5pts, to make them effective. Use them if you have the points, they are good enough if you have the points.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, I have assambled my Hammerhead, and I have suddenly realized, that the main gun doesn't sit straight unless you glue it. Now normaly this wouldn't be a problem, but I am planing on using the Ion Cannon every now and then, so i was wondering if anyone else has come across this problem and solved it...
    Yeah, it kinda sucks. What I plan to do is buy another hammerhead and assemble it as a Devilfish. Use the parts on the extra sprue to make a second turret for your Hammerhead. It's a little cheaper than buying the sprue, unless you never plan on using a Devilfish, then just order the turret sprue.

As for missiles or cannons, you dont need to glue em, they snap in place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, and its easy. Go to a hardware store, or some other similar place, and get some magnets. They will be placed inside the railgun, the cannon, and the turret so measure those areas. They are about 1/4" by 1/2". Trimming to get them to fit is easy. Make sure you've got the magnets positioned properly before attaching them! Don't ask me how I know. Now you have a HH that can easily go from railhead to ion head with no fuss or muss. Plus it looks sharp if you get an armament destroyed roll and you can actually remove the gun.
    I didn't glue the SM or the BC into place for the same reason. I can go from Ionhead w/BC to Railhead w/SMS in minutes. It's great for storage also.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast