Shooty carni or cc carni? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shooty carni or cc carni?

If i could only choose one carni for a 2000 pt army.... should it be shooty or cc.. I've always looked at the carni as a walking tank...so naturally i'd want it to be shooty. The army consists of more gaunts than anything else.... warriors and a zoan (for synapse) as well as a hive tyrant with vc. Oh and 2 broods of 16 genestealers with scuttle... hmm i'm leaning more toward a shooty carni.... any comments?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The shooty carnifex is probably the better option, since the CC carnifex can't earn any points back until it gets into combat. And in a pinch, a shooty carnifex will do ok in combat with the high strength and ignoring saves.
    "Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?" -Wash

Hive Fleet Invictus -- 3/4/0
    Crimson Templars --
    Tomb Kings --

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

A gunfex is a cheap and fast way to get damage deal to the enemy.
    If your getting a first fex this is the one you want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

I'd get a shooty Carnifex as they often times make their pts back more then CC fex's because CC never get into CC tell late in the game. The shooty one is still decent in CC though as he has a high strength ignoring saves and a decent amount of attacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molaticdeath
    If i could only choose one carni for a 2000 pt army.... should it be shooty or cc.. I've always looked at the carni as a walking tank...so naturally i'd want it to be shooty. The army consists of more gaunts than anything else.... warriors and a zoan (for synapse) as well as a hive tyrant with vc. Oh and 2 broods of 16 genestealers with scuttle... hmm i'm leaning more toward a shooty carni.... any comments?
    Shooty makes their points back quicker and CC carni's have a hard time doing it. The Maximum brood size for Stealers is 12 isn't it not 16?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is just my opinion but my opinion seems to be echoed by some people here. I personally use the following configuration on my CFex and they have never let me down yet.

1-Carnifex
    +1SV, +1W, +1BS, Barbed Strangler, Venom Cannon=188pts.

Probably the best "tank" Fex for your buck. If you have to choose points wise, then drop the extra wound and stick with the extra save. Its a better percentage that way.

And if you dont believe me on how effective they are, just ask one of my friends whom "Brotherfex" and "Sisterfex" have singlehandedly taken down 2 Hammerheads and 1 Monolith in two games. He got very upset when a VERY well placed Barbed Strangler shot destroyed his Monolith in one turn after it showed up.

As Dennis Miller always says, "Thats just my opinion, I could be wrong"

+ Reply to Thread