Biovore And Wing Questions (oh And Movement Too!) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) If I land a poison mine on a vehicle that is in cover, does it get the "hull down" advantage or not? I want to say "not" because the mine is dropping from above.

2) Can a winged creature "walk" into difficult terrain? If I have a winged HT and he only moves "6 can he enter into difficult terrain without taking a wound?

I've got a friend who plays Space wolves and he hides all his men in terrain so that my HT can't kill them in cc. I've been deepstriking my HT and he usually shows up before the rest of the army. If he can't enter difficult terrain, then he will get blasted

3) With leaping creatures, what is their assault range into difficult terrain?

If I read the rules in the BBB right, normal assault ranges are determined by rolling 2D6 and taking the highest one.

Therefore should I roll 3d6 and take the highest 2 with a creature that can assault 12?

THanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to pass on 1 and 3 since I don't know those rules well enough but 2 is easy - yes you take a wound. Having wings comes with drawbacks. If you have wings and move into difficult terrain you take damage - end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might be wrong, but I think nr 2 is stated in a GW Q/A where it said you could choose to walk

*confused* , can't remember where I read it though..... bah!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If so please let me read the link as that would be really great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my fault. It says:

Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, Sisters Of Battle, Tau, Orks, Dark Eldar and Eldar with jumppacks but who also has legs , do not have to use the jumppacks when they move, they can simply walk instead.
    Nothing mentioned about 'Nids

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

1) If I land a poison mine on a vehicle that is in cover, does it get the "hull down" advantage or not? I want to say "not" because the mine is dropping from above.
    There is no situation in which a vehicle generally counts as hull down, this is always determined by checking LOS from the attacker to the vehicle. If the LOS isn't partially blocked, the vehicle isn't hull down.

Since such a mine has direct contact to the vehicle (or it is an acid mine which ignores cover), there is no way that LOS could be partially blocked to the vehicle.

2) Can a winged creature "walk" into difficult terrain? If I have a winged HT and he only moves "6 can he enter into difficult terrain without taking a wound?
    Unfortunately, with the current set of rules is is not possible to enter difficult terrain with winged bugs.

3) With leaping creatures, what is their assault range into difficult terrain?

If I read the rules in the BBB right, normal assault ranges are determined by rolling 2D6 and taking the highest one.

Therefore should I roll 3d6 and take the highest 2 with a creature that can assault 12?
    This is clearly explained on page 13, in the hormagaunt leaping special rules. There is no reason not to assume that these apply to other leaping creatures too.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Moot point. Hull Down makes all hits glancing and the Poison Mine can only give glancing hits.

2) Yeah, you are toast. Everyone else can walk, Tyranids can't. Bah.

3) Its in the Tyranid Codex, I believe. Either way its 2 times the difficult terrain roll, not the two highest. (so, roll 3 dice as normal and pick the highest, then double it)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would you deep strike a winged Tyrant? I can see the mobility advantage, but heck 90% of the time the only reason you need wings is to get over to your opponent's side of the table. Just seems like a waste of points....

I find the idea that winged Tyranids can't enter difficult terrain laughable at best. Here are these creatures that evolve constantly with all sorts of adaptations and they can't manage to develop wings that can tuck away and not be damaged....:rolleyes:
    <a href='http://gallery.librarium-online.com/Tyranids/aan' target='_blank'>Orange & Black Nids</a>

<a href='http://gallery.librarium-online.com/Imperial-Guards/afh' target='_blank'>Cadain 8th</a>
    <a href='http://gallery.librarium-online.com/Imperial-Guards/afi' target='_blank'>8th Officer</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Moot point. Hull Down makes all hits glancing and the Poison Mine can only give glancing hits.
    I don&#39;t have a codex in front of me. Is it true that poison mines can&#39;t get a penetrating hit? If so, that sucks.

The reason I&#39;d deepstrike a winged HT is because he can&#39;t deepstrike unless he has wings. The reason I deepstrike is that i can put the HT anywhere on the board and he takes no hits until he arrives. There is a great deal of flexibility in being able to land in (or near) the location where he is needed most.

Not being able to go into terrain is a major bummer. All he has to do is sit and pick me off with a devestator squad.

If I enter terrain do I only lose 1 wound and then can move around freely in the terrain or do I lose a wound each turn?

THanks for all the responses&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you enter difficult terrain you take a wound, and one wound each turn after. Poison mines can only cause glancing hits on vehicles, but they automatically cause a glancing hit on open topped ones.

If you deepstrike your HT though remember hes a sitting duck for 1 complete round. Hell be mowed to pieces before you get a chance to do anything with him.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast