Defiler Counter - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Defiler Counter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not quoting the precise rule here, but Chaos has some sort of buff they can give thier vehicle that causes all models who engage in close combat to take 1 S 6 hit before combat starts. This really cramps my style, as a favored tactic of mine is to swarm vehicles with many crappy units to take them down.

Giving all my gaunts or stealers 1 strength 6 hit before they get to attack is to say the least upsetting, at worst decimating.

Do I have any counter to this besides venom cannons and TMC?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, either shoot from a distance, or swarm in and take your chances! the warp flame is one of the good things that 1000 Sons has going for them. A close combat dread with CWF totally rocks, if he doesn't get kraked open in the first round!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well seeing as I am a Tyranid Army, the chance of me Kraking anyone are slim you see...

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Blast that thing with venom cannons and warp blast, that's your best chance. Alternatively you can assault it with a hive tyrant or carnifex, but otherwise avoid close combat with this thingie.

Warriors with rending claws have a good chance too, but it's going to be very expensive for you if they fail to destroy it on the charge.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Archon - Good suggestions. Only think I am afraid of is the chosen hes got near it. 9 guys in terminator armor who do that "One of your models within 2" gets turned into a chaos spawn if I roll your Toughness" things. I would really hate to lose my HT to a lucky 6.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thousand sons are a pain in the tail and there ability to turn a HT into a spawn on the roll of a six is very very nasty, this is were you should take advantage of the normal advice any nid player takes when up against any type of marines, WARPBLAST! give your Zoanthropes and Hive tyrants Warpblast, and take out
    the biggest threats of your army with shooting

5 str 10 warpblast's at a unit (dread, choas deamon prince or Defiler) should do the damage

i have had a the missfortune to have a Tyrant turned into a spawn, fortunately a lictor and some genestealers, took down the spawn and unit responsible , but its not very nice when it happens, cause you cant do ***** about it

my only advice would be, take 2 hive tyrants...you would have to be very very unlucky to lose 2 the same way to lucky 6 rolls

also if your frightend of your tyrants getting turned, and you really need to assualt
    , make sure the Tyrants are backed up by a large units of gaunts or some stealers
    Army of the heavens, my army waits in hell
    To battle on the earth, for all the souls who fell

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Being a Thousand Son player myself, i have turned many things into spawns: Force Commanders, Wraithlords and so on. However, using such a huge unit of chosen isn't a good idea, from the TS player's point of view. They don't get daemonic essence, so they are still normal terminators...just terminators with psychic powers. They're also a HORRIBLY expensive unit. If he in fact equipped them all with major psychic powers, then they will cost 500+ pts, and that's still without any aspiring champs or weapon upgrades! Warp blast these guys (watch out for bolts of change)or tie them up in close combat with gaunts, just seperate them from the dread. Assaulting a unit of nine terminators (many of them will have power fists) isn't a good idea for a hive tyrant anyway, so gift of chaos is just a minor problem compared to the p-fists. It's main strength, the ability to pick out targets even with the new assault rules is void against nids unless you use mutated ripper swarms (but even these would get smashed by the power fists with ease).

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

2 things Venom cannon and warp blast------>Enjoy
    MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

Closed Thread