Starting Tau... (how many times have you heard that?) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Nottingham (yes, thats right, home of GW!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting Tau... (how many times have you heard that?)

I'm thinking of starting Tau, mainly to build and paint. I've never played 40k before, but have done fantasy, and LOTR. I would probably get a xv8 crisis battle suit first. Even though i wnat hem for painting, I don't want to rule out playing with them. So, what should I equip my battle suit with, and what should i get next?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hit 'em hard
    I'm thinking of starting Tau, mainly to build and paint. I've never played 40k before, but have done fantasy, and LOTR. I would probably get a xv8 crisis battle suit first. Even though i wnat hem for painting, I don't want to rule out playing with them. So, what should I equip my battle suit with, and what should i get next?
    If you havnt heard the word, us Tau are getting a new Codex very soon. All the battle suits are suppost to change, so unless you really like the current 'weak ankle' look you might hold off buying em. Current Firewarriors, Kroot, and Tank models are not changing AFAWK.

Some people dont like the new Stealth suits, but Broadsides are obviously better, the commander Crisis suits are looking sweet to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StevenSane
    All the battle suits are suppost to change, so unless you really like the current 'weak ankle' look you might hold off buying em. .
    I bought a battle suit yesturday and i would like to say that they have changed the box on the battlesuit to make it look like the new boxes. so as far as i know they wont be changing them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't make the mistake of gluing on any weapons until you've experimented with a wide selection of combos. Try out several weapons in battles until you get a good idea of how each weapon performs in a variety of situations. It's a good idea to choose weapons that compliment each other. For example, missile pods and flamers do two totaly different things and are not a good combo, flamers are bad for suits all the time actually.
    I have played numerous games with the same 'take on all' list and I still don't have a single weapon glued in place.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never glue your wepons on they fit perfectly when you've primed them.

Also starting with tau is very common.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use magnets on all my stealth suits so i can swap weapons whenever i want .U se magnets that are 1/8" by 1/8" or 3.2mm.The only problem is getting hold of a drill bit for the magnets.Just drill the hole in the suits arm, superglue in a magnet and do the same on each weapon.TA-DA.... interchangeable weapons.

I use a place called amazing magnets for my magnets. i think that GW even recommends them on the US website

Tygra
    Think this is good? Rep me and click the star
    <<<<

"You dont start learning until you're stuck or acknowledge your mistakes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tygra
    I use magnets on all my stealth suits so i can swap weapons whenever i want .U se magnets that are 1/8" by 1/8" or 3.2mm.The only problem is getting hold of a drill bit for the magnets.Just drill the hole in the suits arm, superglue in a magnet and do the same on each weapon.TA-DA.... interchangeable weapons.

I use a place called amazing magnets for my magnets. i think that GW even recommends them on the US website

Tygra
    You mean crisis suits right? But like we said there is no need to glue or attach weapons, they fit just fine after you prime them. Lots of unneeded work.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes Crisis Battlesuits. Sorry if I confused anyone, with a bad headache, im suprised i didnt screw that post up more.

Tygra
    Think this is good? Rep me and click the star
    <<<<

"You dont start learning until you're stuck or acknowledge your mistakes"

+ Reply to Thread