Question About The Monolith--- - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question About The Monolith---

Is it legal to take we will be backs and then take another we will be back if you warp a squad through the monolith?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Yes, if you intend to warp a unit through the portal you may re-roll failed WBB when the unit is warped.

Here is a link to the official faq, it should clear up any questions you have Link
    Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you saying that once you take WBB rolls (and fail) can you take another one if you warp through a monolith? No, I don't think so.

Once your Necron has taking a WBB roll and fails he is removed off the board ...

I thought monoliths were for bringing troop choices that were in reserve onto the board?

EDIT: Oops! I was wrong sorry my apologies ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks outsider, im reading the FAQ but i have one more question.

Concerning the scarabs the sypder ****s out. When i CC with a spyder are the scarabs considered bodyguard? So my real question is can i direct my attacks unto the spyder.

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Not specificly, the tomb spyder is not an independant character so you would use the normal CC rules for a spyder and scarabs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Become familiar with the rules for majority toughness and majority saves as this becomes very important when creating scarabs. Since scarabs have different T and SV then the spider there are times where they will cause the TS to take wounds it would have otherwise shrugged off. Be careful in these situations.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Nitpick: Mixed Armour Rules, not majority saves. It's an imporant distinction because the later implies that, like with Toughness, all models use the majority save, which is entirely incorrect.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, because of mixed armour and that 'remove as many whole models as possible' thing, you use the scarab's armour save, and take wounds off the TS first. At least, I think that's how it's meant to be interpreted. It's a bit woolly. My reasoning is that the TS, with the least wounds, can be removed first as it would be the first whole multi-Wound model that could be taken off. However, mixed armour says that you take saves using the majority armour save group's armour save, per Initiative step. Also, you use the Scarabs Toughness when being attacked.

So, essentially, you are risking a 1 in 6 chance of losing a wound on your 55pt 2-wound monster, to make something which contributes 3 attacks made at I2, S3 and WS3, while not being able to move at their full distance, having to take Terrain tests, and making the aforementioned 55 pt monster a T3 5+Sv weed. However, it does mean that, when defending, the TS uses a WS of 3.

Moral of the story- don't make scarabs.
    *In My Mind*

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Tunisia
    However, mixed armour says that you take saves using the majority armour save group's armour save, per Initiative step.
    No, you do not. Every model is always able to use its own armour save. The majority save simply determines where the first wounds are assigned. That is, the models whose save is in the majority get dealt wounds first.

If a squad consisting of two Scarabs and one Spider takes four wounding hits, two are assigned to the Scarabs, one to the Spider, and the process is started all over again, assigning the last wound to the Scarabs. It is true that you cannot spread wounds to avoid losing models, but AFAIK that is only the case when all models have the same save. In any case, the Scarabs attempt to save those three wounds using their 5+ save and the Spider uses its 3+ save for the one wound against it.

Also, you use the Scarabs Toughness when being attacked.
    That is certainly true.

55pt 2-wound monster, to make something which contributes 3 attacks made at I2, S3 and WS3
    Majority Weaponskill is only relevant on the defence, so the Tomb Spider attacks with his own WS of 2 (which isn't so bad, unless you're fighting something with WS5 or better). Also, there is no such thing as "Majority Strength", so the Tomb Spider will also fight with its own Strength of 6.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still don't see how majority toughness is easier. If anything it just makes things more complicated and takes away from game play a bit. I don't want to make a scarab if a grot gun can kill my tomb spyder now! It just doesn't make sense!

Putting a Dlord with a tomb spyders, then making a scarab makes the scarab into a T6 creature! At least thats what somebody else says, but I can't see anything wrong with it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast