Newbie to necrons help please! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie to necrons help please!

Hi everyone I'm starting necrons but I dont know what to first. I've already got the codex a destroyer lord and 2 boxes of troops but i'm wondering what else I should get

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably lord on foot Immortals and then more troops, maybe a monolith
    Only A Dwarf Can Appreciate A Hairy Woman

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Destroyers, a squad of 4 is a nice size, they are a really good unit.

A monolith is a must a one point, but when starting out leave it, only use it in armies of 1000 points or more.

I like to have 3 squads of warriors as a nice core to my army, 2 squads are fine, i just prefer 3.

As you are starting a foot lord might be better.

A tombspyder is a good addition because of its abilities.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this stage, a battleforce is perfect.

You get your 4 destroyers (how many I have in a 2000pt list), another 20 warriors (giving you 44- just under what you can fit into a 1000pt legion), and 5 scarabs (giving you 11, and more than enough for a full unit).

Other than that, a foot lord would be a good idea- convert the Warscythe you get with it into a SoL.

Alternatively, if you havn't built your DLord yet, then you can use the DLord's SoL arms on the foot Lord to give him a dynamic pose and a SoL, then have the DLord either as a warscythe wielder (a Dlord with a 'scythe is a lot more useful than a foot lord with one or just as a normal destroyer- you get all of the parts).

I would recommend the latter- I really don't like warscythes, no matter what Feb's WD says.

That would give you, with the BF and Lord:

1 Lord
    44 Warriors
    5 destroyers
    11 scarabs

That's well over 1000pts.

Get a monolith then, and you've got your 1500 list- and a very strong one.
    *In My Mind*

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Tunisia is right on! Get a Battleforce and you're set with your core force. The rest you can add as you need them.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you can't get the battleforce then destroyers is your main option with your destroyer lord and all ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure I agree with that.

In tactics terms, you don't want to have a DLord running round with your destroyers.

Although it seems tempting so that they can get resorbed, and some CC support, but considering that it is only a unit of 5 max, and that you will be wanting to keep them the full 36" away from any enemies anyway, that is 170pts of Lord you've wasted.

I'm not a fan of DLords really: I think they could be put to use as a lightning field carrier with scarabs, or a bit of extra support with Wraiths, but other than that the ol' footslogger is better for me.

As i said, battleforce and lord. Check out eBay for the Battleforces- I got mine with &#163;10 off.
    *In My Mind*

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

+ Reply to Thread